Chapter 16

“What am I doing?” thought Pascal Alexander, removing his forehead from the window. “I’m watching footage as though I don’t know what I will say tomorrow? After all these years I don’t know what I will tell the people?

“Well I won’t tell them anything more! Let them kill me tomorrow! I want them to kill me. Please, Kaella, don’t steal the elections, kill me… please. If you won’t, let your son kill me. He won’t give me his Megapolis. Your Erivan will kill me… if you won’t, Kaella. Kill me… anyone… please.”

“I didn’t do this because of the people. I did this for myself. It was I that couldn’t stand you. I need freedom. Why did you challenge me? Why did you make me into a leader? Why did you bring me to this damn Megapolis? Why did you make me meet her? Why did your Seneca listen to her and place Megapolis before my feet?

“You are right, Svetlana. About everything you told me tonight. Forgive me, Svetlana, but I’m so in…”

“Do you see it, Manami… do you see it with you brief look? And why do you look at me at all? Why do you torture me, when you cannot be mine?!”

Pascal ran out of the room and took the elevator down to the reception.

“Mr. Alexander, what has happened?” a scared young man and young woman at the desk asked.

“Nothing, nothing… I’m just a little tense… do you have any alcohol?”

“Of course, we’ll get some from the bar. What do you want?”

“Tequila. Get me a tequila. Bring the bottle…”

“Immediately,” said the girl and ran off towards the bar.

“And three glasses,” Pascal shouted after her. “You’ll have some too, please,” Pascal told the young man. “I simply can’t be alone tonight.”