Chapter 57

Babe again sat at the edge of the couch, next to Mr. Kaella, but her body faced Prince, and she clenched her knees. This humble position was the complete opposite of the great lust that she felt throughout her body. She wasn’t at all listening to Mr. Kaella. She was overjoyed, because she had rid herself of that last fear.

No,… not fear, certainly not fear. She wasn’t in fact afraid of it… she wasn’t. “Why would I be afraid of something that isn’t at all important?” Babe seriously contemplated. “Alright, it’s true that it isn’t important, but it also isn’t insignificant. Actually, it is secondary. That’s it. That’s the right expression. Secondary.”

And she wasn’t afraid of secondary things. Sometimes, recently, when she would think about it she would just get a little worried. She was a little anxious that she might face the same fate as the secretary of the executive producer of her media company, Capital City TV.

That secretary told Babe that while she was once in the producer’s office taking his instructions, he suddenly bent her over his desk, pulled up her skirt and pulled her panties down her legs. While bent over the desk, she listened to the producer unbuckle his belt and drop his pants. When she was pinned down on the desk by the producer’s big belly, she realized that he was having trouble getting close enough. Even though she wanted to, she did not come to his aid, because her panties prevented her. However, after a while she heard his chugging, which she thought was a little suspicious. To eliminate any suspicion she asked

“Sir, is it in?”

“It is… it is…” the producer wheezed.

That secretary was a smart girl. Babe also appreciated her. The same moment she started moving her hips and said

“Oh, how big it is!”

“Some of our sectors were already reporting losses,” Mr. Kaella read his text on the Balance. “There was a growing number of unemployed people. And what did that mean? That I had to give them energy, food, water, apartments, pharmaceuticals… for free? Well that wasn’t possible.

“Then at one moment I realized … that was the moment of my enlightenment, that I have to create the Balance. This meant that every person must be employed and earn enough to pay all the expenses and buy as many shares as possible, for the greatest possible extension of life.

“And how could we achieve this? It was simple. The produced goods and offered services had to be completely spent in a given period of time, so that production and services would continue uninterrupted. That way people would have constant jobs and enough income. This meant that the basic driver of our most perfect and final form of capitalism is constant consumption.

“The modern information systems have calculated for each type of goods and services the time after which the old must be destroyed in order to produce anew. Today we call that seasons. For clothing this is three months, as we know, two years for cars, seven for apartments, for household appliances…”

“No, no… I won’t share her fate!” Babe’s soul cried out. “My hand wasn’t empty! On the contrary! There is something between my Prince’s legs. There is, there is… and that is why you will now see what I promised, my Prince. That thing on my bellybutton!”

Babe unbuttoned the lower button on her jacket and looked at Prince, whose entire body trembled in the armchair.