Nurse Jarrus

@hjbender

After Zero Hour Part 2

Ezra: age 18

Kanan: age 24

No ones POV

Ezra watched out into hyperspace, admiring the strokes of blue and white as though they were hypnotic in some way. A hand to his shoulder, warm and comforting brought him out of this trance. Bright blue eyes looked up, meeting with scarred, snow white eyes and a gentle smile.

"You okay?" Kanans soft tone, his soothing voice sounding like music to his lovers ears. It was such a relief for the both of them, knowing that neither were seriously wounded from the battle that had just taken place.

"Yeah, just..shook." He shuttered. "I..I can't believe they found us, Chopper Base is now gone." He looked up, tired and sunken eyes met with blind ones. "But otherwise I'm okay."

The young man knew this was a complete and utter lie. He felt like bantha dung, his head pounding right behind his eyes, his nose felt stuffy and irritated skin began to appear under his nose resulted from his constant rubbing, his normally moist and soft lips were now dry and pale, lacking their natural hue color. His stomach felt as though it was twisting and turning, reminding him of how he was when Sabine and him flew when attacked by Gar Saxon, his body ached terribly as though gravity was his mortal enemy.

His face showing the way he felt, pale and sweaty, his cheeks a flushed red. He knew he was sick, but also knew that fighting the battle on Chopper Base was the number one priority. He figured that the illness would dissipate as time continued on, he just had to keep it hidden until it did. He knew that with the battle, everyone's focus would be on escaping, helping the ones who were gravely injured during the battle.

Kanan placed his other hand on Ezras left shoulder and began to rub them, smiling as he felt the young man relax under him. "You sure?" He did notice that he felt warmer. "You feel warm.." He began to think of the possibilities.

Ezra looked up at his lover and chuckled his best, withholding a cough and cleared his throat to cover it up. "Yeah, I think its just from the amount of running and fighting, my heartrate increased, blood pressure. Its a normal thing, you know that Kanan." He said softly, but rapidly. He tried to get out of the situation, he knew Kanan wasn't stupid. He had a feeling Kanan had already figured out his little illness since Kanan now could put all his focus onto his lover.

"Come on, time for bed. I may be blind Ezra, but I can still see right through you." He chuckled, wrapping his arm around Ezras shoulder and lead him to their shared cabin. "Nurse Jarrus is now on duty." He sat Ezra on the bottom bunk, he knelt down by him and gave him a soft kiss to the forehead before leaning over to their drawer located on the bottom of the bed and pulled out Ezra's clothes drawer and grabbed his freshly washed pair of grey pajamas. He looked up at his lover who was staring down at him tiredly. "Honey, can you get undressed please? Let me know if you need help and I'll help out." He gave a soft smile and set the pajamas on his meditating chair.

Ezra looked down at his belt and took it off his waist setting it into his drawer along with his wrist comm and saber, he then slowly took his boots off as Kanan watched, making sure to help if he needed it. Ezra took off his shirt, revealing a white tank top underneath which was soaked in sweat.

Kanan grimaced. "Oh honey, were you not uncomfortable?" He raised Ezras arms up and took the tank top off of him, he set it into the dirty clothes basket in their cabin along with Ezras orange shirt. He helped his lover take off his pants and socks, tossing them into the dirty clothes basket.

"I thought you were only going to help if I said I needed it?" Ezra looked up at him, yawning into his arm before slowly getting dressed into his grey pajamas.

"Well maybe I wanted to make sure I did my job as your nurse and took care of it, now lay down. I will be right back, I am going to grab an ice pack, a cool washcloth, some Tylenol, and some vitamin C packets for you to drink." He kissed his head softly, grimacing at the heat. "And a thermometer, and some ice." He went to the medbay, chaos surrounding as a multitude of rebels were getting checked over by med droids and doctors alike. "Hera must be piloting then." He whispered to himself, heading to the medicine cabinet, grabbing a vitamin C drink packet and a bottle of Tylenol, he then stood up slowly, grabbing the first aid kit and took only the thermometer and ice pack, leaving the rest of the materials for the injured. He then journeyed over to the kitchen, being cautious of the soldiers who were stretched out asleep on the floor, he sighed and decided to grab his water bottle from the cupboard, filling it with water and then grabbed Ezras water bottle, doing the same but added the packet of vitamin C drink, he placed the top of the water bottle on and began to shake the mixture, making sure there would be no clumps.

Kanan journeyed over back to his and Ezras cabin, closing and locking the door behind him. Placing in the code 6BBY, which was the year when they first kissed under Lothal's moons (But that's a story for another time).

The younger jedi looked up at his lover, shivering under the 2 blankets he was now curled up in. "It's freezing." He complained to the older jedi. "Do we have any tissues?" He asked his lover, his nose all stuffed up.

"Mhm, while I get them take these two Tylenol, and take it with this drink." He hands the two white small pills over to his lover, helping him sit up before handing him his water bottle.

"What is it..?" He asked, taking a small sip. "Oh that's disgusting." He made a face which made Kanan chuckle.

"Well drink up, its vitamin C. If you wanna get better you listen to nurse Jarrus, his only goal is to get you up and running again." He rested his hand against the younger ones forehead and frowned. "Let me grab the tissues." He reached over to his mediation seat and pulled off the top, revealing a little storage container and pulled out an unused box of tissues before setting them into his lovers hands, watching him grimace at the taste of the drink, chugging it down along with the pills.

Kanan took the water bottle and opened the little tab at the top of tissue box, he smiled and hands a couple tissues to his lover who took them gratefully. He set the box down on their bedside table and dragged over their little garbage can so Ezra could throw them away without having to get up.

Ezra cleared his nose, throwing the soiled tissues into the little garbage and collapsed back down onto the pillow.

Kanan smiled his best and reached over to grab the thermometer. He turned it on and looked down a Ezra. "I gotta place this under your tongue, once I do that I will place the ice pack into the cloth and place it on your forehead. Now open." He stuck the thermometer into the younger ones mouth who closed it and let the thermometer read his temp.

He took out the thermometer, hearing the rapid beeping indicating the young male had a temperature. "102.3. Looks like you'll be in bed for a week or so love, but don't worry nurse Jarrus will make sure you have all the entertainment you need. When your headache dissipates I will make sure we watch holovids together. But for now, you need to rest." He grabbed the ice pack ,wrapping it into the cloth and placed it on his lovers forehead who relaxed deeply. "There we go, now I'll be back in a little to check on you." He turned to leave before feeling a smaller hand grab his own, he turned around and smiled softly at Ezra who was staring at him tiredly, he let go of Kanans hand.

"Please don't leave me alone in here..can you just hold me..?" He gave Kanan his undefeatable puppy eyes.

Kanan chuckled softly, taking his boots off. "Alright, it will be a few hours until we land. So what's the harm?" He crawled over Ezra carefully to not hurt him and rested his hand on Ezras chest who began to cough, he tried to calm the boys breathing and sighed softly. "I'm sorry you're not feeling well honey. I wish I could just magically heal you." He wrapped one arm under his lovers warm neck and pulled him close.

Ezra sniffled, looking over and smiled softly. "I know..but its okay. I get the best nurse out of it." He smiled and closed his eyes tiredly, the Tylenol making him lethargic. "I love you Kanan, thank you for taking care of me nurse Jarrus."

Kanan smiled in response. "Of course my love, feel better soon okay patient Bridger?" He gave a soft and quick peck to his lovers feverish cheek before both fell into a deep sleep.