58 | Worse

As it turned out, those two weeks turned into several more. I'd woken up in the middle of the night needing to throw up. With my absolute lack of luck I'd managed to get the flu, and that, of course, destroyed my lungs all over again.

When I never showed up at the cave, Shouto came to visit. He found me in the bathroom with uncle Yamada freaking out and holding several bottles of medicine while Akito continuously made it rain when I threw up so I wouldn't have to hear it.

Which is why, 2 months later, I still wasn't allowed to speak, laugh, or cough. I'd gone back to school a while ago, so the novelty had worn off, thankfully. My friends in school and America both worried plenty though.

Somehow though, I'd managed to convinve everyone, even Shouto, that it wasn't as bad as it seemed. I lived most of my life not talking anyway, what was the big deal now?

The big deal, I found out, was that if I continued fucking up, I might go mute forever. My lungs constantly ached, and I often woke up with fevers. It got tot he point where I'd go to the hospital instead of school for a "checkup".

It was on one of these particular days the hopsital tried something new. They'd consulted with several other doctors, and quite a few quirk doctors. It was dangerous, an if it wen'd have no chance. But if it went right...I would be perfectly fine again.

So, as soon as I got out, I'd gone tot he cave and started writing. I restarted several times, but eventually managed to write a decent explanation for Shouto, explaining what the docors though. I wrote another for my uncle and brother. I wanted everyone to say yes if I was going to do this. If any of them said no...

"Emiko? You're here early."

I smiled nervously at Shouto, my explanation in my hands...