21 | Go Out With Me?

I hummed quietly to myself as I wrapped Akitos present. Sakura's mother didn't have enough room in her car for everyone, so she was making a second trip, which I thought was absolutely amazing of her.

"Emiko! I got the bow!" Akito bounced over to me with a white bow, grinning like a fool. I beamed.

"Perfect, you can put it on in just a second."

"Yay! Do you think she'll like her present?"

"I'm sure she'll love it." I assured him.

We both looked up as the doorbell rang. Akito grinned. "I'll get it!"

I smiled and finished wrapping the present, grabbing the bow and walking towards the door. I was surprised to find Akito chatting with Todoroki instead of Sakura's mom.

"And I got her a really cool horse music carousel thing! Emiko said girls love things like that, and she bet Sakura would too!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! I thought it must be true because Emiko never lies and she has a bunch of musical stuff herself!"

"Is that so?"

"Yeah!" Akito grinned. "Oh yeah! You can come in! Emiko is in the other room!"

They both noticed me a few seconds later and I nodded hearing Sakura's mom pull into our driveway. Akito stuck the bow on, gave me a kiss on the cheek, and ran out to meet her.

I waved, and when they were gone I smiled at Todoroki. He smiled back.

"Your brother was excited."

I nodded brightly. Closing the door softly.

"Emiko..." Todoroki hesitated when I glanced at him. "Would you like to go out with me?" My face heated up and I blinked twice. He quickly elaborated. "It doesn't have to be weird, I was just thinking we could go do something and have fun." He looked away. "Unless you'd rather not, I would understand that."

I shook my head with a tiny smile and bounced on my toes to kiss his cheek, pulling out my pad and writing quickly.

"I'd love to."