36 | Party, Gone Wrong

I picked at a cookie. Everyone was celebrating. Shouto and I had long since made up, and my entire school had gathered for a new years celebration. Shouto was with his family at some party, and Akito was having his own celebration at a friends. God only knew where our uncle was.

"Emiko! Dance with me!" Shiro appeared from nowhere and grabbed my hands, pulling me onto the dance floor despite my silent protests. I quickly shook my head and he laughed.

"Come on! It's only a quick one! You just looked so bored!"

I uncomfortably let him pull me around the dance floor as the music played, smiling nervously. The second the song was over though, I excused myself and escaped to the wall, grabbing another cookie and sliding halfway behind some decorations to stay out of sight. I didn't even want to be here, I'd only come to drop off the baked goods but had been dragged into the school for the party.

I sighed and turned, leaning against the wall. I managed to stay hidden in peace until about a minute or so to midnight, when a group of girls found me. They were giggling like crazy as they pulled me into the crowd.

"Come on! It's gonna be fun!" They promised happily.

I stumbled after them, not knowing what they meant by it. I found out quickly though, when they shoved me into Shiro.

"10!" They joined the chanting. Shiro looked just as surprised as I felt.

"Hold on guys."

"8!"

"7!"

"6!"

He sighed. "Sorry Emiko, its tradition."

"5!"

What was tradition?

"4!"

"3!"

He sighed once more.

"2!"

Wait, oh no this could not be happening.

"1!"

My eyes widened to saucers when Shiro placed his lips over mine. It only lasted a second, but it was long enough for me to be absolutely shocked. The minute the crowd flooded us I merged with them, slipping away and into the hallway.

Shiro caught up to me as I reached the front door. "Emiko!" He caught my wrist and I spun to face him. "Hey! It wasn't personal or anything okay? It's just a tradition the schools had forever! Every year two people at random have to kiss, you didn't know about it because you just moved here." He explained quickly.

I glared at him. I hadn't wanted to kiss, I hadn't told him he could kiss me. Hell, I haven't even said he could touch me!

"Don't be angry okay? By tomorrow everyone will have forgotten about it."

I shook my head, backing up. I spun on my heel and ran, not waiting for him.