55 | Sing Like Your Life Depends On It

I blinked in alarm as I chased after my uncle. Akito was still at home, hiding in his room like I'd ordered. There was a villain, and the heroes had called in my uncle. Apparently it was another person after UA.

I was only chasing after my uncle because I'd panicked and just chased after him. It was raining, probably the villain, maybe not. I didn't know.

I panted as I lost sight of my uncle, running towards where I knew UA was.

It was a mess. All the heroes were there, all fighting desperately against a large number of villains. My eyes widened as I spotted Shouto struggling against several with Midoriya by his side.

I stepped towards him, but my foot slipped in the mud and I slid down the hill. I ended up covered in mud as I reached the bottom, honestly not caring. Shouto.

"Another? Where do you twerps keep coming from?" A voice growled.

I spun to face the villain, having to tilt my head back to see his face. I nearly tripped in my haste to get away. He reached towards me and I closed my eyes tightly. "Stop!"

He froze in place and I panted, fear coursing through my veins.

"No, oh no. Umm, stay??" I jumped back as he abruptly sat, obeying me like a good child. He was heavily under my influence, which meant I'd grown more powerful. I didn't like that, but didn't stop to consider it as I raced through the mesh of villains and heroes. My silver hair glinted in the rain as my blue eyes searched frantically. I hadnt been in gymnastics for nothing, and it wasn't hard to avoid most everyone.

I panted as I reached where Shouto had been, finding no one. I ducked another villain and let him crash into the mud as I searched frantically. "Shouto..." I gasped. "Find Shouto!" I ordered. The villain froze for a second before lumbering away. I spun in a circle, searching frantically. Those flames were Endeavors, ice...there was too much of it to figure out where it was freshest.

"Emiko! You should be at home!" I was spun by someone and forced to look into bright green eyes. Midoriya. "It isn't safe here!"

"Where's Shouto?" I demanded, completely forgetting about my voice. It wasn't an order, but he answered anyway.

"I don't know, we got seperated."

I nodded. "Win, I know you can win." I raced back into the crowd, forcing my way through. I was so frantic I almost missed a flash of red. I spun at the last second, finding Shouto slumped against a wall.

"Protect with light that is pure, protect through day and night." I cradled Shoutos head against my chest, chanting loudly to be heard over the pounding rain. "Protect from harm, protect from negative energy. This shield cannot be broken, so mote it be." When I looked up the area around us flashed with a white light, and all the villains were thrown a good ways away. I was a siren, but that didn't mean I couldn't protect.

Singing such spells took a lot out of me, which is why I never used them. I'd only recently discovered them two years ago anyway.

But this was for Shouto, I wasn't going to risk anything, I was going to use every bit of my energy if i had to. I stood slowly, well aware I had quite a few peoples attention. I began walking towards the beach, singing softly, knowing full well that just the sound of my music would bring the villains towards me the second they heard it. Luckily I was walking through the crowd, which meant quite a few heard me.

"Hear my call hear my plea, Grant me the power of what I wish to be. Swimming freely in the ocean a mermaid. I ask for a long tail of silver to explore the sea. To swim alongside with the ocean creatures side by side. To breathe the ocean blue waters."

By now I'd reached the ocean, and allowed myself to fall backwards into it. I knew without a doubt that most of the villains would rush to follow but pause at the water's edge. Some part of me, the siren part, just knew. So I started a new song, only one matched the situation at all, so that was what I sang as I swam backwards in the water, my head only just above the surface, my long tail flashing invitingly beneath the surface.

"Come little children, I'll take thee away, into a land of enchantment. Come little children, the times to play, here in my garden of shadows."

The villains started plunging into the water. I was carefully directing my song so the heroes could hear but wouldn't be affected. Most stood in awe and shock at the shore, too dumbstruck to stop the villains.

"Follow sweet children, I'll show thee the way, Through all the pain, and the sorrows. Weep not poor children, for life is this way, murdering beauty passions. Hush now dear children it must be this way."

I began to feel tired, casting two powerful spells I'd almost never cast before followed immediately by a death enchanting song I had to control carefully as not to enchant everyone was taking a toll rather quickly on me. Not just my mind, but my lungs and body too. The water was starting to drag at me, and the waves didn't seem to part quite as nicely around me the further out I got.

"To weary of life and deceptions. Rest now my children, for soon we'll away, into the calm, and quiet."

I might be able to finish this song, maybe, I prayed internally that I would. If I didn't, there was a good chance the backlash might just kill me.

"Come little children, I'll take thee away, into a land of enchantment."

"Emiko!!!"

I had no idea who screamed my name, my ears were filled with water, and my song penetrated the silence around us. The villains were so close I could almost touch them.

"Come little children...the times come, to play." I thrust up with my tail, feeling it flicker uncertainty. I couldn't keep this form much longer. "Here in my garden of shadows."

I relaxed as I finished the song, feeling my body shut down as all my spells but one shut down with me. Of all the spells I'd cast today i was keeping the one on Shouto intact. It didn't matter about the villains, they'd go unconscious, float to the surface. Either the heroes would save them or the waves would push them to shore.