"Sqaishey's dying! Squid, my dream was real! It's real! Please, drive me to the hospital! I need to see her!" Squid stared at me as if I'm crazy. "Please Squid! I'm begging you! Please just drive me there this one time! Please!" I stared at him, tears rolling down my face as muffled moans coming from the phone broke the deafening silence. 

"Fine. Get in the car." Squid mumbled. "Nicole! I'm going out! See you in thirty!" With that we both ran out of the apartment, down the multiple flights of stairs, and out into the cold, dull winter evening. I spot Squids car at once. We both jump into it and, as he starts to drive, Sqaishey starts talking once agian. 

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry Stampy. I'm going to die...They say that I am. My nurse, Crystal, is taking out my drips right now. I won't last long without them. I'm sorry Stampy...I love you...I love you." There was a loud and violent cough before phone cut dead. I sat in the seat as Squid drove around the multiple twists and turns of our town, scared. Shocked. Horrified. Nervous. Why had Sqaishey just randomly put the phone down like that? There was no way that she would do something like that unless...No...She couldn't have...died? I shook my head, trying to get rid of the thought. Of course she wasn't dead...She can't be dead. There was no way that she was dead. Maybe Sqaishey just accidentally pressed the end call button because she was distracted by getting her drips pulled out...Yea...That did seem likely. Even with this thought in mind I still felt terrified. 

I kept up my silence for the whole drive. I could sense that every now and then Squid was looking over at me yet I tried my best to ingore him. To be honest I was much more concerned about the life of my girlfriend. Ugh, what the hell would I do if she did die? I would have to tell her parents...Now that would be pure torture. Ringing up your somebody's mother that you didn't know that well only to tell them that their daughter is dead...And it's your fault...If I had never put Kendal into an orphanage Sqaishey wouldn't have burst into tears and made her cancer worse. Yet I did. Yet she did. That was something that I was going to have to deal with for the rest of my painfully long life. And I would have to tell Sqaishey's relatives exactly why it was my fault. Then they would be bound to hate me until the day that they died. The crazy thing is that I wouldn't blame them. Because it was my fault. I closed my eyes tightly to try and get rid of the tears that were filling up inside of them. I couldn't cry. I had to be brave! Not just for Sqaishey or her relative's but myself! I kept my eyes closed for the whole of the journey until Squid pulled up outside of the hospital. The hospital where my lover was most likely to die. 

As the both of us got out of the car I felt a gentle pat on my back. I glanced over at Squid who was, much to my shock, crying. Well, he was sobbing or anything. Just silent tears were stuck to his face. I shot a weak smile back at him before making my way past the automatic doors and walking up to the reception. My heart pounded horribly behind the shirt that I was wearing. I felt as if I was having some sort of heart attack. Right now though it did seem quite tempting to just...die. It meant that I wouldn't have to go through the pain of watching Sqaishey go. I walked up to the front desk and they let me go through the doors that led to the rest of the hospital at once without me having to say a single word. Maybe they already knew what was going on...At least I didn't have to speak to them. I had a feeling that if I did so I would just burst into tears. I was nearing doing so anyways. The hallway that I was walking down suddenly seemed endless. As if I was never going to make it to Sqaishey in time. But I was going to make sure that something like that didn't happen. I clenched my fists tightly and broke into a sprint. My shoes squeaked on the hard, tiled ground, causing echos to spread all around me. Nobody was by me to give me a weird look though. Which I guess was a good thing. 

After years of running I fianlly found myself outside of Sqaishey's hospital room. Coming from behind the door I could hear loud crying. Sqaishey's crying. I couldn't help but feel ever so slightly relived even though I knew that she was in pain. At least she was alive. I placed my hand around the door handle, pushed it down, and opened it up a crack. Sqaishey was sitting up, no longer bound to the bed with metal braces. Tears, vomit and blood stained the bed sheets and her hospital gown. Who I guessed to be her main nurse, or 'Crystal' was leaning over her with a cardboard tray. Inside of the tray was multiple tubes, most likely the drips that she was talking about earlier. I slipped into the room and started to make my way over to the bed. I felt as if I was in some sort of horror movie. That when I stood next to the bed that her heart monitor would just flat line and that would be it. Her nurse suddenly made eye contact with me. She weakly smiled at me before turning her attention back to Sqaishey, who was looking more and more sick by the second.