cinquante

Tatum had her leg crossed over the other and her leg was bouncing up and down

Tatum had her leg crossed over the other and her leg was bouncing up and down. Jasper notices and places his right hand on her knee, she doesn't like the cold feeling so she takes his hand and holds it in her lap. She was nervous. 

None of them would tell her what Jessica had said about her. Alice looks down at her hands uncomfortably. Emmett was calmly whispering to Rosalie. Rosalie was angrily thinking of ripping Jessica's head off. Edward was trying to distract himself. Jasper was silently fuming. Of course, it worried Tatum. Alice and Emmett were never that quiet, Edward would also stay focused, Rosalie would say something snarky, and Jasper would never leave her awkwardly sitting there. 

"So, are you guys going to tell me or am I gonna have to ask her?" Tatum asks, taking a deep breath. Their heads snap towards her questionably fast. Her eyes widen and they realize their mistake. It wasn't an obvious one, but it could lead to questions.

"No."

"Which one is getting a no, Jaz?"

"All of it," Jasper says, jerking his hand away from hers. He angrily stands up and walks towards the main doors. Tatum quickly follows after him, trying not to make a scene. She goes out of the main door and follows Jasper to his motorcycle. 

"Hey, Jasper! Jasper!" Tatum calls out. He ignores her and continues marching towards his motorcycle. She was getting fed up. And it finally snapped. She hadn't snapped before...and she didn't want it to be over something like this. So, she took a deep breath and that was enough to stop Jasper in his tracks. He could feel her anxiety, fear, and confusion. 

"I'm sorry, Tate. I just-"

"Explain in the car," Tatum says, walking towards her car. She grabs her keys and unlocks it. Jasper looks towards her retreating figure. 

"Yes, ma'am," Jasper mutters defeatedly.

●○●

Getting into that truck was one of the most uncomfortable things in Jasper's immortal life. He could feel the anxiety radiating off of her. It was all over a small paragraph of insulting monologue that he had overheard. But it was who had been insulted that made him boil. 

"Say what she said, do it before I take this into my own hands," she says, crossing her arms. She was visibly upset but emotionally worried.

"Sweetheart-"

"Don't 'sweetheart' me, I am mad at you," Tatum lies to him. 

"Okay," Jasper says cautiously. "Tate, the whole table was talking about you and Bailey. They were telling that Swan girl that you were bad news. At one point, Jessica said that she 'heard' about you sleeping with all of us."

"But I'm not sleeping with anybody," Tatum says as if it was the easiest thing ever. "But why does that make everyone nervous?"

"Because we don't want to make you deal with the drama and rumors."

"But isn't that what high school is about? Also, why would anyone believe her?" Tatum asks. Jasper took into context that what she was saying was one hundred percent true. Jasper hesitates before actually answering.

"But-"

"This outfit is too cute to not be appreciated. Are you free after school?" Tatum asks, fiddling with her necklace. The butterfly necklace. Jasper smirks and notices her change of topic.

"I am now."

"Okey dokey, we can either go to Port Angeles or I can drive to Seattle,"

"You do realize that's four hours away, right?" Jasper asks her, looking at her with a certain expression she just couldn't figure out.

"You do realize that it's Friday, correct?" she says smugly. 

"Got me there, darlin'." 

"Maybe an art museum and a little something else? A little date, ya'know?" she says shyly. He thought it was a wonderful idea, so he nodded and kissed her cheek before hopping out of the car. They head back inside, but Jasper's mind was distracted. "I just want your sweatshirt, a kiss, and maybe a coffee. I'd be happy with that as well."

He had made a plan of taking her to Seattle and stopping somewhere a little special on the way home. He wanted to use this night as the night. He was going to ask her to be his girlfriend. 

He could only hope it went for the best. 

●○●