dix

September 16th

September 16th

It was the third week of a school and Tatum had begun lowkey hanging with the Cullen/Hale's. Tatum had told her sister about everything that went down and let's just say that Tatum had never heard Bailey squeal so loudly or high-pitched.

It was the third Wednesday of school and Tatum's new favorite history class was next. She still sat with Keith and the two were getting closer, but not as close as Jasper and Tatum were. In fact, Jasper was going to pick up Avery and Tatum from their house that evening.

History class had moved on from the '20s to the '30s. Class was sure to be a lot more communicative now that the World War II section was somewhat starting. Tatum knew her history facts, especially the true crime ones.

"Any major events in the '30s?" Mr. Kate asks in a bored tone. He had a feeling that either Jasper or Tatum would answer. Instead, Keith raised his hand. Mr. Kate gets excited and nods happily towards Keith.

"Hitler became the chancellor of Germany in 1933," Keith says nervously, not 100% sure if he was right. Mr. Kate happily writes down the event and the year of the event. He looks around the class for anyone else, but it was only Tatum who had her hand up.

"Yes, Miss Fernsby?" Mr. Kate asks with a smaller amount of excitement in his voice. The man had three empty coffee cups on his desk but still acted asleep.

"Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean in 1932. She also went missing during the 'round-the-world' flight in 1939." Tatum says, furrowing her eyebrows, digging for the correct dates.

"1937. She disappeared on July 2nd, 1937. Quite easy to mix up since most of her travels happened in May, June, or July."

"Mr. Hale is correct. Amelia Earhart made the worldwide flight in 1937, not 1939." Mr. Kate admits, smirking as the two students in front of him share a glance. He knew he'd have to change the seating chart soon.

●○●

The last bell rings and Tatum meets Jasper by his locker as they had planned during history. She had already gathered all her stuff so she was ready to rock-n-roll. Jasper just places his art folder in his locker and locks it back up before turning to Tatum with a small smirk.

"Can I have you fill out a quick survey, before anything else?" Jasper asks her, reaching for something in his back pocket. Tatum smiles confusingly and nods her head, trying to see what Jasper was grabbing. He hands it to her. It's his phone and an empty contact that just wanted to be filled in.

"I need your number right there, your address, and then a cute name I can call you," Jasper says, leaning against his locker as though he wasn't mentally screaming. Why did he do that? Why did he do that? Why did he-

"Only 'cause you look super cute right now, Hale."

Oh my god, Alice was not going to let him off easy after the stunt he had just pulled.

"That's everything you'll need, cowboy," Tatum says, handing him back his phone. She smiles at him before turning around and heading towards the parking lot. He stays stunned before realizing he was going to go the same way anyways.

"Cowboy?"

"Literally everyone knows you're Southern, Hale. You are a gentlemanly cowboy here, it's gonna stick, I know it will." Tatum says, with sass laced in each word. Jasper's non-beating heart wanted to start beating again to show much this girl affected him.

"Well, darlin', save a horse and ride a cowboy" Jasper whispers quietly with a shit-eating smirk on his face. Tatum gasps and gives Jasper a playful glare.

"I thought you were innocent, Hale!" Tatum declares to him, trying to keep the conversation between him and her. Jasper's smirk grows and he even throws a wink in there. Tatum's cheeks flush harder than ever before. She slaps her hands over the red skin and groans to him.

"Why must you wound me like this?"