six

Tatum and the boy kept talking about random things, even after the bell rang for class to end. She never got his name and he never got hers. They were just simply talking. A normal conversation between a hottie and a total babe. No flirting, just talk.

"What class do you have next?" he asks her off-topic.

"Geometry II, what about you?" she asks him too. She knew they didn't have that class together because how could she not notice someone that hot. But then again, she didn't see him for the first four days either.

"Biology, it's supposed to be boring today," he says, still staring at her like he had been doing for the past fifteen minutes. She taps his forearm, before pulling away.

"Jeez, I was gonna say 'good luck' but you are freezing! Do you need to see the nurse?" Tatum asks him with genuine worry. She grabs his jacket and zips it up before popping the collar.

He grabs her hands gently and she feels the icy coldness of his hands on hers. She looks up at him and sees him staring at her already. She tries to stop herself from thinking about how close they were and how he was a complete stranger. He starts to lean into her ear and she feels his cheek graze her upper cheekbone.

"I have a weird type of anemia where my body is always cold but it doesn't affect me otherwise," he whispers into her ear softly. She furrows her eyebrows for a split second'; why couldn't she feel his breath on her face? She immediately forgets about it as he leans back and smirks again.

"See you later, Miss Fernsby," he says, walking passed her before turning around and making Tatum's heart stop.

He winked at her.

●○●

Jasper Hale was not prepared for Alice's confrontation because he knew that she knew. She always knew. She would also see how he flirted with the human girl. He also knew that she would tell their siblings of his mega crush.

As Jasper meets up with his siblings to go to lunch, he immediately feels like turning around and going away. Edward chuckles and gives his adoptive brother a look saying 'tell us now before she does'.

"Jazz! I never knew you could flirt!" Alice squeals, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him to the rest of their confused family. Alice keeps squealing like a little child holding a puppy. Jasper desperately tries to escape her clutches.

"He'll explain when we get inside. C'mon, Jazz, she's waiting for you!" Alice squeals in a softer voice as they enter the cafeteria. Jasper, listening to Alice's words, looks across the whole lunchroom before landing his gaze on her.

She was sitting at a faraway table with another girl that looked somewhat similar to her. He sees her dress strap fall down a little and also sees the stare of a stupid, horny sophomore on her. Jasper keeps himself from running over to her and wrapping an arm around her to protect her from the horn-dog's wandering eyes.

"The one with the dirty blonde hair and red dress?" Edward asks quietly from behind him. Of course, it wasn't quiet enough for the rest of his siblings to hear. He nods his head, not taking his eyes off her, even as he sat down in his seat.

"That's Tatum Fernsby, she's been here for a week and has already got everyone wrapped around her little finger," Rosalie mutters to her mate. She was not jealous in the slightest, she was actually more intrigued than anything else.

"Well, she's got Jasper tighter than anyone else," Emmett teases his brother. Jasper doesn't even care because he's too busy watching her. Emmett laughs loudly when he notices what's got his attention.

"So, Jasper is suddenly a flirter because of some new girl that'll probably move away in a few months," Rosalie asks Alice and Edward, who seem to know more than her in that situation. Alice smiles widely and claps her hands together before faltering at Rosalie's last statement.

"I know that she won't be moving away any time soon, Rose. Let Jazz fall in love," Alice says, smiling at her brother.

Jasper snaps out of 'it' and shakes his head like his life depended on it. No matter what Alice said, Jasper knew he could not fall in love. He was too dangerous to do stuff with a human. He could easily hurt her and he hated that so much.