vingt cinq

Tatum Fernsby squeezes through the crowd of fleeting students as the final bell of the day rings. She surprisingly makes it to her locker and grabs her jacket before slipping it on and continuing outside. She feels a sudden pull of her emotions. She feels the need to search for a certain group of teens. 

"Tate!" Keith shouts from his mom van. Tatum immediately regrets not waiting inside. She takes a deep breath before turning towards Keith with a tired smile. She waves at the guy and starts to head to a different group.

"Hey, Tate! Come here for a second!"

She mentally groans and feels her heart sink. She doesn't want to talk to Keith...especially after that night.

~FlAsHbAcK~

Tatum was used to late nights now that she had to care for her mom, nephew, and school. It had only been three days since the disappearance of her older sister. She had her nephew cradled in her arms as he hiccuped himself to sleep. He had finally realized that his mother wasn't there. 

A ding came from Tatum's phone. She took a deep breath and pushed it off to the side. It dinged again and she found herself annoyed. She decided to put Avery in bed before checking her phone. 

Keith

where is ur sstr?

pls answr

tatey bby

pls

tate

im getting annoyed

answer me.

tate.

where is bailey?

Tatum
idk

we're looking 4 her

stop being rude

i understand ur frustrated

but dont be rude.

Keith

im not rude

if any1 is rude

its u.

treating ur sstr like that.

what kind of monster

does that?

no wonder she ran away.

i wouldn't be able to

live with some1 like you

either.

and she trusted u with a secret.

but u told the stupid cullen kids.

u should know 1 thing bout them.

they dont care bout u.

they dont care bout any1

but themselves.

when push comes 2 shove

u'll be gone.

Tatum

fuck you, keith.

Keith

no, fuck you.

ur heart is gonna get

destroyed and u dont

care. ur letting those

idiots ruin u and we all have

2 sit back and watch it 

happen. 
(Seen 12:32 a.m.)

fck, tatey, im sorry.

i didnt mean any of that

im just upset that ur 

sstr isnt here.

im sorry.

pls answr me.

tatey?

im gonna take it as im forgiven?
(Seen 1:19 a.m.)

whatever.

go and fck hale for all i care.

pls dont.

im being an idiot.

pls, im sorry.

gn tatey bby

(Seen 1:58 a.m.)

~fLaShBaCk dOnE~

Tatum walks over to Keith's van and just stands in front of him. He scratches his neck awkwardly and fakes a cough. He was trying to ease the tension. 'Tension'. All Tate wanted to do was stay the hell away from Keith. All she wanted was for a certain someone to show up and whisk her away from the torturous silence and damaged feelings.

"You know I didn't mean what I said, right?" Keith starts, looking at Tate. She could tell he internally didn't care. "I'm just really stressed about school and your sister missing. I was upset and took it out on you."

"Those things hurt, Keith. If you didn't mean them, then why did you say them?"

The pair was quite oblivious to the hushed argument coming from across the parking lot, right next to a silver Volvo. The arguing was coming from the mind reader, the empath, and the hothead. 

"Are you being serious, Rose? I told you what she's thinking! If we went up and admitted we knew, she'd call the damn police!" Edward scolds angrily in a hushed voice. He was angry but not stupid. He knew not to attract any unwanted attention.

"Both of you shut up, she's saying something," both angry vampires decided to look at where their brother was looking. He wasn't looking at Tate, but at a pick-up truck. The two shared a look before looking even closer. It was Sam-fucking-Uley.

"I'm heading over to her," Jasper says before smoothly walking over to the girl he was caught in a 'do I like you or I do I like you' situation with. The siblings knew it was a bad idea but they let him go anyways. They've witnessed an upset Jasper before, it was not pretty.

Then, all hell broke loose.

They heard a small voice yelling.

"Lookey! Rosie!"

"Avery, how'd you get your window down?!"

Sam knew he was in shit by the soft and then hard look in the blonde's eyes. 

He was in deeeeeeeep shit.