quarante cinq

December 25th

After spending the whole morning opening presents and the whole evening singing Christmas carols in French, Tatum was pooped

After spending the whole morning opening presents and the whole evening singing Christmas carols in French, Tatum was pooped. Avery had already gone down for a nap and her parents soon followed him. She would've too but there was a bunch of homework assigned. So, she sits in her living room, doing homework, with her parent's record player as her distraction.

Scrolling through the old records was her current task, she found the most memorable one and decided to play it. The vinyl spins and she places the needle on it, it starts out scratchy but quickly gets on track. It starts with Put Your Head On My Shoulder. She sits down on the couch and pulls out her History III homework.

Their current topic was the 70s, Tatum soon realized that Mr. Kate was a bit of a criminology nut. Her assignment was to write a five-paragraph essay on one of the 30 unknown women that encountered Ted Bundy. The first paragraph is how the died, second is one their early life, third is about their teenage years, the fourth paragraph is about how they met Bundy, and the final is how it connects to our current day situations.

She hums along as the song switches to You're So Fine, her parents loved old music so it kind of stuck onto her. She finished up her first paragraph about Lynette Culver, the 12-year-old victim, when a knock comes from the door. She places her paper to the side and quickly heads to the door. Who would be out during the blizzard?

Her question was soon answered as the door was opened and Jasper stood waiting in the doorway. She grabs his jacket and quickly pulls him inside. He stumbles over her and they tumble to the ground together, the door still open. Jasper places his elbow above her head, lifting his body off hers. He was surprised to hear That's Amore vinyl playing, but he was even more surprised to see Tatum downstairs alone. He knew the others were sleeping but he didn't know she'd be awake.

"Well, that's a new way to welcome people," he says sassily.

"Only you," Tatum says, rolling her eyes and pushing Jasper off her. He stands up gracefully and reaches his hand out to help Tatum up. She disregards his hand and gets up on her own. "I like to be independent sometimes. Not all times, just some."

She closes the door and watches as Jasper carefully hops onto the couch, he sprawls his body across the couch. Jasper opens his arms and smiles at her. Tatum laughs at him and shakes her head no.

"But I want cuddles?"

"And I want good grades," Tatum says slyly. "But we can't always get what you want."

"What are you talking about? You have all A's and B's! Plus, you like me so that means cuddles!" Jasper says, even sassier than before. She places her hands on her hips. Jasper does the same but 100x more extra. She laughs joyfully and complies to his request.

Jasper's favorite song comes on, When I Fall In Love, he grabs Tatum and lifts her up. He stands her up and she lazily wraps her arms around his torso. He places his hands on her hips and his chin on top of her head. He sways the two of them back and forth until she begins to move with him. Jasper grabs both her hands and uses them to spin her around, she chuckles softly at the gentlemanly gesture. He pulls her back towards him and the two continue swaying.

Even when they were only swaying.

Even when the song had ended.

Even when the next song goes faster.

Even when the track stops.

Even when the silence envelopes the two of them.

Even when Mrs. Fernsby video records the two just swaying.

Even when she passes the two of them.

They just sway there.

In utter euphoria.

●○●

Tatum has many regrets. Procrastinating is within the top three. Procrastinating was also the one she was currently facing. She had spent to much time hanging out with Jasper that it was 11 p.m. before she restarted her essay. Jasper offered to help her with it, but she also knew that his family wanted him back. It took an hour to convince him that she would be fine before he finally left. Without a kiss. He wasn't very happy about that part, but, whatever.

Tatum knew she had left one gift unopened. It was the one from Jasper.

She grabs it from under her bed and carefully opens the card.

Dearest Tatum,

What may I say exactly? You are so unbelievably beautiful. I wonder each and every day, "How am I so lucky to not only have this wonderful woman in my life, but also be able to care for and love her?" Never in my life would I have thought that maybe Alice isn't so insane to predict a love life for me, but now she has beautiful, concrete evidence to show me that I was wrong to doubt. You are my everything and I want you to understand that, no matter what, you will always be my number one. I have never felt a love so strong for someone until now. You have changed me in the best way possible and I only hope that you keep doing that. I never really celebrated Christmas or bought people gifts until you convinced me to. I remember when you took me Christmas tree shopping because Esme didn't know which one to get. You told me that Christmas is about love, caring, and forgiveness. You are full of all those. You are so loving and caring. You are also the most forgiving person I have ever met and it isn't a bad thing. You also told me about the mistletoe. It symbolizes good luck, long life, health, and (wait for it)....fertility. So, unless you want a baby, which I would totally find one for you if you asked, I think we will be just fine. Tatum Jay Fernsby, it has been almost four months since we've met and I wouldn't want it to change a single bit. Tatum Jay Fernsby, I love you.

Sincerely, Jasper F.W. Hale

(p.s. you look really pretty )

She opens the small box after calming her blush down.

It was a simple necklace with a small butterfly on it.

It was surrounded by mistletoe.

And there was a small note under the mistletoe.

Here's one of the butterflies you always give me ;)

●○●

(a/n: here's a long Christmas chapter for you guysalso, sorry if you don't celebrate Christmas, this is just apart of the religion I gave my characteri love you all!!!)