quatre

September 2nd

It was now the third day of school and people were starting to realize that the Fernsby sisters aren't as simple as they appear to be. People have caught on to how they speak to each other in French and Tatum instinctively guarded Bailey whenever something physical was going on. How Bailey stays quiet while Tatum speaks out a lot. How the two are never gone from each other for too long.

Slowly but surely, Forks High School was beginning to figure out the Fernsby girls. The funny part is that neither of them knew about it, they were oblivious to all the stares and glares were thrown at them. Nobody was brave enough to approach the girls about their past...until now.

"Hey, I heard about you guys from my boyfriend

"Hey, I heard about you guys from my boyfriend. Said you were the shit and everything, just wanted to see if it's true," a jet black-haired girl with deep brown eyes walks up to Tatum and Bailey's lunch table on their fourth day of school.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" Bailey asks politely, trying not to make the girl hate her. The unnamed girl just rolls her eyes and chuckles irritably.

"I'm Uriah Call, basketball captain, straight-A student, high school know-it-all, and dating the linebacker on the football team. I'm pretty well-known around Forks and Port Angeles," Uriah says like it was obvious. Tatum and Bailey share a glance before Tatum goes back to reading and Bailey shrugs at the girl.

"Sorry, we're new. Don't really know many people here," Bailey excuses herself and her sister. Uriah just looks the two up and down, making Bailey a major amount of uncomfortable. Tatum glances at her sister before putting her book down and making Uriah look at her.

"So, did you need something specific or just wanted to introduce yourself?" Tatum clears her throat before asking Uriah. The latter sits down in between the sisters before folding her hands and placing them on top of the table.

"I just wanted to address some rumors going around," Uriah says with a strange smirk. "People want to know if you're actually from France."

"Yep, we were born there and moved to America 'bout seven years ago," Tatum says, giving Uriah a straight face. She knew not to show emotions towards a stuck-up bitch.

"What about you two actually being sisters?" Uriah asks next.

"When you see our parents, you'll understand."

"What about why you moved here?" Tatum knew what Uriah was trying to figure out. She was just like every other gossip-loving douche at their previous schools.

"Our mom had a better job opportunity here than Tacoma or Minnesota," Tatum straightens out her shirt before looking at Uriah emotionless. "What about you? How long have you been in Forks?"

"Born and raised here."

"I can tell you aren't from the city," Bailey says before turning to look at Tatum. "She wouldn't last very long in the city, would she?"

"Not even a minute," Tatum says, looking Uriah up and down before quirking her eyebrow up. Uriah immediately got uncomfortable and nervously laughs it off before firing more questions back at the two.

"So, who're your boyfriends?" Uriah asks the two. Bailey nervously looks at Tatum before the latter nods.

"I have a boyfriend back in Minnesota, three and a half years strong!" Bailey says with a small smile, it wasn't technically a lie either. She and her baby daddy were dating when Avery Fernsby was born and they never actually broke up. Their parents thought Bailey left him back in Minnesota, but she actually still talked to him and he still paid child support with the money from his step-dad.

"What about you?" Uriah asks Tatum who had been keeping a straight face the whole time, except for now. Her face held a small frown, she knew she would be made fun of for never having a boyfriend and being a junior.

"I don't have time for boys," Tatum says, going back to The Da Vinci Code. She was already half-way through the book and was completely in love with it. Uriah snickers, making both sisters look at her weirdly.

"So you're a lesbian?"

It seems that most of the cafetorium was listening in on their conversation because it went immediately silent. Boys and girls alike were on the edges of their seats, they wanted to know who could get with the new girl.

"Nope, I just don't feel any of the dudes here, ya'know?"

Tatum's answer broke a few hearts and some boys even visibly got upset, but Tatum lied. There are quite a few good-looking guys in Forks, but she knew their egos didn't need any more boosting.

Uriah, unsatisfied by the answers, goes to ask more questions but luckily the bell rings before a word can leave her mouth. Tatum smirks and slips the book into her book. She closes Uriah's open mouth with a simple finger on the chin lift.

"Buh-bye."