trente trois

●○●

December 7th

School was canceled for the first three days back from break because of excessive amounts of snow

School was canceled for the first three days back from break because of excessive amounts of snow. Now, Tatum was actually a little excited to go back. She grabs her backpack after getting her and her nephew ready. She kisses her mom's cheek, grabs her winter jacket and zips up Avery's. 

"Bye, love you guys!" Tatum shouts as she walks towards the door with Avery waddling behind her in full winter gear. She notices her dad grunt and she rolls her eyes before going back and kissing his cheek too.

"I put your winter tires on yesterday, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful though," her dad says, waving her and Avery goodbye. 

"Thank you!"

Tatum sets Avery in his car seat and quickly buckles him up, then jumping into the front seat and starting her cold car. She backs up and heads for his daycare, dropping him off and heading to the high school. She pulls into the lot and turns off her car, stepping out, and looking for a certain family. 

"Little tree!" Emmett's loud voices echos through the parking lot as he calls for the newly arrived human. Tatum looks at the group and realizes that one of them had a covered box in their hand. Surprisingly, it was Edward that held the box. She looks across the family to try and see Jasper but he is nowhere to be found.

"Looking for me?" 

His whispering voice in her ear makes her spine tingle. Jasper chuckles when he hears her heartbeat speeding up, her blood floʷⁱⁿᵍ...

Her blood flow.

Her blood.

Blood.

He nestles his face into her recently conditioned hair and breathes in quietly. 

She smells like pumpkin pie.

"I was actually," Tatum says, giggling softly. "Did you get the text I sent you last night?"

"Uhm, no. I didn't. Is your phone not working again?" Jasper asks, pulling her phone out of her back pocket. He knew his hand was extremely close to her butt. He also saw the small blush across her nose bridge. He smirks smugly, mouth covered by her hair. He opens her messages and sees a text typed out but never sent. 

"Did you do the reading assignment for history?" Jasper reads aloud. "Yes, ma'am, I did."

"Amazing, because I need your help."

●○●

December 13th

Tatum was nervous, to say the least, the police had called her cell when she was at Jasper's house the previous night

Tatum was nervous, to say the least, the police had called her cell when she was at Jasper's house the previous night. They think they found Bailey. Or at least, someone that looks like her. Charlie Swan told her last night that the girl was dead. 

Tatum was given permission to skip school by her parents, they also allowed her to bring emotional support....aka a specific Cullen family member. Tatum walks into the hospital with her support and quickly follows the nurse. The three of them heading to the back room. They were kept in a small room with a giant window showing a very bright light.

They waited a couple of minutes before a doctor rolled a small table with a white sheet over it into the room and it was quite obvious that there was a body under the white sheet. Tatum grasps the Cullen's extended hand tightly, waiting for the sheet to be removed. The doctor holds a small microphone to his covered mouth and waits for the nurse to hand Tatum a similar one.

"We can communicate through these mics, we're going to observe the body and if there is anything similar to your sister, you need to tell us. Understand?" the doctor informs her blankly. Tatum nods her head, unable to speak at the moment. Her throat was closing in from the nerves. The doctor removes the sheet. 

The girl's face was torn into shreds.

There was no way to identify the girl by her face.

There was no face left.

Tatum cringes in disgust and fear. She looks at the naked body on the table and tries to find an obvious identification of it being her sister. She couldn't find one. Tatum takes a deep breath as her company wraps their arm around her shoulder, trying their best to comfort her. She raises the microphone to her mouth as she takes another shaky breath.

"Can you show me her left rib cage?"

The doctor starts to adjust the table for their view. The Cullen leans down to Tatum's ear and asks the ultimate question.

"Why the left rib cage?" They ask.

"She got a stick-n-poke tattoo of Avery's full name and one under it of mine. It has our birthdates under our names. It's an obvious give away to see if it's her," Tatum explains. They nod their head and rub Tatum's arm comfortingly. The doctor lifts the girl's arm to show the left rib cage.

No tattoos.