vingt-six

●○●

After finally getting Jasper to come back after not succeeding in going over to his crush, Rosalie to calm down, Sam to stop nearly pissing himself, Avery to stop yelling, and Tatum to get in the pickup truck without her knowing the Cullen's were still there...Alice was quite proud of herself. 

Emmett, on the other hand, was pouty because he missed all the drama because his sociology teacher asked him to stay behind a little. The giant man held the face of an upset little boy that dropped his ice cream.

Alice dragged her siblings into their designated cars. They needed to get Jasper ready for his stalker-ish movie drop-in. Alice and Emmett could not be any happier by the way their southern brother started to act jittery on the ride to their house. They knew tonight was gonna be good.

●○●

Paul knew something was wrong. Something was very wrong. He could feel multiple people staring at him. He just thought it was because he was walking with a pretty girl while carrying a toddler. He looked like a teen dad. But it actually wasn't that. It was a gorgeous family. Tate and Paul didn't notice who it was...but Avery sure did. 

"Rosie!"

They knew their covers were blown. 4/5 of the siblings were shocked but it was that 1/5 person that was kind of happy that they were exposed. The toddler wriggled out of Paul's arms and started to run over to Rosalie. She held her arms open and caught the bounding 3-year-old. 

"Oh, hey guys."

Jasper spun around from next to Emmett once he heard her voice. She was wearing the same stuff as she was during school, the only thing that changed was the relaxed feeling all around her. Jasper couldn't help but let a teeny tiny smile slip. Emmett lightly hits his brother's back, making Jasper snap towards him. 

"Hello, Tate. Fancy seeing you three here. What movie are you guys seeing?" Alice asks the two. Paul and Jasper share a look. Jasper knew of Paul. Paul definitely knew of Jasper. It was obvious that it would be an uncomfortable night if what Jasper wanted to happen would happen. 

"We're here to see WALL-E. Avery has been babbling about going to it for a long time now," Tatum says, looking towards her nephew. Avery was happily playing with Rosalie and Emmett. Her attention was brought back to Alice when she let out a little gasp.

"We're going too! Carlisle said it'd be a good one, so we got tickets!" Alice says, shocking her siblings by holding up five tickets labeled 'WALL-E'. Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper share confused looks...but Edward shared the smirk of a lucky bastard.

"Do you guys wanna sit together?" Tate offers/asks but stops short to consult with Paul. "Would that be okay? I know you don't really know them so I wanna check in with you on it."

Paul seemed to think about it by glaring at Jasper. He let out a silent huff of breath before looking at Tatum. She was waiting for his answer very eagerly. Paul knew she wanted her nephew happy. He also knew that that specific family made the two happy. 

"Sure, as long as I still get to sit next to you," Paul says, watching as Tate immediately smiled and hugged Paul. The shifter blushed while hugging her back. Rosalie didn't hide the fact that she was disgusted by the two. 

Rosalie would never vocally admit it, but she liked Tatum and her brother together more than Tatum and the dog together. Apparently, she wasn't the only one either. Rosalie looked around her family group and saw different emotions. Alice was uncomfortable. Edward was irritated. Emmett was pissed. But most of all, and the most obvious, Jasper was upset. Rosalie peered down at the toddler in her arms. Avery was the only one that seemed unaffected as he continued to play with Rosalie's rings.

"Well, the movie's going to be starting soon. Shall we?" Rosalie interrupts as Tatum pulls away from the hug. It wasn't as long as the family made it out to be. Only about 10 seconds or so. The group heads into the theater and finds a row all to themselves. The vampire family made sure of two things. Avery sat between Emmett and Rosalie and that Jasper sat on the other side of Tatum.

●○●

Jasper watched the movie theater screen as WALL-E and EVE touched their electronic arms together. He sort of realized that the robots resembled his own relationship.

He was the old, worn-out, rusty robot.

She was the new, modern, clean robot.

But they weren't robots.

He wasn't even human. 

But he still felt amazing things for her. 

But he also wanted her to be free.

Jasper was no longer paying attention to the movie. He was stuck in his thoughts, probably giving Edward another headache. He missed a half-hour of the movie before his attention was brought back by a soft hand grabbing his wrist. He looked to his left and saw Tatum looking at the screen with a small smile. He could see her blood-filled cheeks redden even more once her fingers interlocked with his. She knew very well what she was doing.