vingt quatre

November 9th

Everyone knew Tate would have to go back to school soon. They just didn't know that a very hot, tan man would be driving her in. They also knew that this man was definitely not Jasper Hale. They knew for sure, 100%, that he would not be very happy. That all put together meant one thing that all the pale-ass students of Forks High School absolutely love....gossip.

"You know you didn't have to drive me in, right," Tatum says to Sam as he pulls into the crowded high school parking lot

"You know you didn't have to drive me in, right," Tatum says to Sam as he pulls into the crowded high school parking lot. The older of the two looks at the youngest as she looks out the window. He shakes his head, 'how could she be so...ugh'.

"My grandfather passed away my senior year. I tried driving to school and ended up getting into a fender bender. No way am I letting that happen to someone else," Sam explains, shutting his truck off. He knew he would be sitting with her for a while.

"Did you zone out or what?"

"I thought I heard his voice and swerved."

The two sat in silence as Tate let his confession sink in. What if she had driven herself? She could've put someone else's life in danger. She could've put her nephew's life in danger. Tatum unconsciously looks to the car seat behind Sam. It was empty from dropping him off at daycare, but what if it wasn't? What if Tate lost control while she was driving him in?

"Can you pick me and Avery up after school, too?"

●○●

It took Jasper Hale about three hours to prepare what he was going to say to Tatum Fernsby.

Three hours wondering how he was going to tell her he liked her. A lot.

Three hours wasted.

He was very upset.

He was seeing red.

All because of a brown pick up truck with not only a nasty smelling man but also Tate. Why was the stupid wolf driving her to school? He thought that it was a one-time meeting but now he was driving to her house and picking her up? What type of fucked sorcery is this?

Jasper knew Edward was getting a headache from all his inner ranting. Edward smacks Jasper's back and glares at him.

"Then stop it."

●○●

The Cullen's sat eerily still during lunch for the next couple of days. They would do one thing and it was staring at a certain human girl that had caught their eyes. She would grab lunch and then disappear to a corner and start texting on her phone. 

Edward read her thoughts during the entire lunch period. He relayed her thoughts to his siblings, but it came at a cost. He would be drained after every lunch period and nobody but themselves knew why.

"She's texting someone."

"His name is Paul."

"He's asking her to go to his house."

"He used a winking emoticon."

"She politely said no."

"He asked if she wanted to see a movie together."

"She asked if she could bring Avery."

"That's my girl!" Emmett chuckles proudly, earning a nudge from his wife/girlfriend.

"Shut up, what did Paul say?" Jasper asks monotonously. Alice smirks, not caring about their current situation, and nudges Jasper teasingly. The latter glares at his sister before going back to staring at the table.

"Paul said that would be great."

"He's picking them up at her house. Tonight at seven-thirty."

"I say we meet them there," Rosalie says, smirking slyly. "I wanna see my favorite toddler again."

Rosalie would never ever admit it, but she didn't mind having Tatum around. She sure as hell wasn't her friend, but she was descent.  Tatum also made her family happy, and her family happy meant more to her than a petty dislike for the girl's red cheeks. 

The whole family peeked over at Jasper. They knew it was his decision that would matter most in this. He was the one that would be affected most. The four other siblings held their nonexistent breath while Jasper made a face of pondering. Emmett grabs Rosalie's hand and squeezes it softly. Edward and Alice share a look and decide not to see his decision but to wait it out with Rose and Emmett.

"I guess we're going to a movie tonight."

●○●