trente deux

●○●

December 3rd

After spending the night at the Cullen's, Tatum decided to let them have more family time and decided she needed some alone time. But that was yesterday...and she really didn't do much. But today was the day where she gets to see Paul again. So, now she was ready and waiting in the living room with Avery. 

Paul

Paul

You look really cute today😉

Tatum

How can you see me?

Paul

I can't,  I just know.

But I am pulling into your driveway.

Tatum 

Be out in a second.
(Seen 11:32 a.m.)

Tatum tucks her phone into her bag and grabs Avery's car seat. The toddler follows right after her, running to Paul as his aunt busies herself with locking the door. Paul parks the truck and hops out, picking up Avery and swinging him slightly. The eldest male switches his attention from the toddler to Tatum. He watches her admirably as she grabs her backpack again and turns to the boys. 

"Ready, Tate?"

"No offense, but please don't call me Tate."

"Ooookay, let's go before I make this even more awkward."

●○●

A group of shirtless men run out of a rusty cabin as soon as a beat-up truck enters the vicinity. Howls and whoops echo as soon as they see the two passengers inside the truck, it becomes even louder when they hear a small laugh from the backseat. 

"Down boys down," the 'housewife' shouts from the inside of the home. The doors of the truck open and close, the boys watch as a young woman, their friend, and a small child. The group cheers and starts heading towards the child, whom got very overwhelmed very quickly. He hid behind his aunt and started whimpering. It was too many people for him. Too many people at once.

"Hey now. Back off," Paul says, shoving some of the guys back gently. "You're overwhelming the kid."

The boys instantly back off as if Paul's hands were made of hot steel. The only female, other than Tatum, steps out of the house. The boys look at her, waiting for her to yell at them.

"Why don't we let them in on their own."

The boys nod and head back inside the cabin, letting the remaining trio be alone for a small amount of time. Paul looks towards the little boy and motions for him to come out of hiding. Avery shakes his head and shoves his hands in the air, facing his aunt. He waits for her to pick him up and when she does, he calms down. 

The three head inside the house and are instantly smacked with a delicious aroma of spaghetti. Avery's favorite. Tatum slips her shoes off and Paul takes Avery's off after throwing his pair who-knows-where. The three take a seat around the large table. Paul sitting next to Jared, Tatum sitting next to an open seat, and Avery happily sitting in between the two. 

"Lunch is served."

●○●

After spending the whole afternoon with a bunch of testosterone, Tatum needed some girl time. So she called up a certain someone and decided a skype call was better than nothing. She sat on her bed painting her nails a light blue color and chatting away to the person on the screen of her laptop.

"So, I missed homecoming this year, but once they find her, Bailey and I are gonna go to Port Angeles and look for prom dresses," Tatum says, finishing the final coat on her nails. The voice on her screen sighs and she looks up, expecting to see a look of sadness...but it was actually one of pity.

"Tay...they haven't found her and it's been like two months-"

"It's only been one month. Some people go missing for like...nine. She's probably visiting her boyfriend in Minnesota, ya'know?" Tatum says.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself of that?" 

Tatum slouches defeatedly. She doesn't want to lose hope because she wants to believe that her sister really is out there. She needs to believe for the sake of her mom, her dad, her nephew, and herself. 

"I don't know anymore. I just want my sister back," Tatum admits to her skype call.

"Hey, look at me," Tatum looks at her screen. "Everything will be okay."

Tatum smiles sadly at her as her connection gets worse and worse. Tatum's laptop keeps glitching.

"I wish you would move back, I hate having to skype all the time," the woman on the screen says, her face not matching her voice. 

"I know, but I have to go."

"Bye kiddo, be safe."

"I will, Aunt Elena."

"I love you, honey."

"I love you too.

●○●