Unpacking. A Little.

Helloooo you guys.

So the picture is part of a Merlin and Arthur story I've read and it's just so accurate that I've gotta share it with you guys.

Enjoy this chapter!!! 
———-

Still haven't unpacked everything. All those boxes. The only thing that's actually unpacked is the beds and some dishes.

They moved into the new house the other day and it took us a whole total of two weeks to move everything without using magic. There all tired and Holly bringing food was such a great way to end the day off.

Merlin's tired. Merlin just wants to sleep. But they all agreed to unpack at least another box before heading to bed.

They all head down to the basement where a bunch of the boxes ended up to Merlin's surprise. Must have been Arthur.

The guys worked surpisingly fast and Merlin has an idea that Arthur went all kingly on them.

They all finish up there food and put the plates in the sink. They all make there way down the stairs again and Lilith follows along like an obedient dog. They come to the room with boxes and they all let out a long sigh as they each grab a random one. All the boxes got mixed together so it could either be from the 21st century or from Camelot.

Who the hell knows these days.

They go and Merlin and Arthur sit on the couch and Holly sits on the couch across from them.

Holly opens her box and frowns in confusion.

"What the fuck is this?" She pulls out rolls of paper and Merlin's eyes widen. He quickly reaches out and unrolls one.

Seeing as it's Arthur's hand writing and laughs showing him them. He takes them and reads them over. "These are all the speeches I've written." Merlin clears his throat. "The ones before you took them and fixed them as you'd like to say." Merlin chuckles and Holly laughs.

"Well you write a lot." She says and she pulls out a few more. "Like damn boys what the hell."

She shakes her head and put the scrolls back on the box and writes on it "old scrolls" in sharpie.

Merlin then looks at Arthur who goes to open his box and frowns.

He tries to open it but it won't budge. He looks at Merlin with a frown and crosses his arms. "Merlin. What did you do." He says and Merlin frowns as well.

"Um I'm not sure. I don't even remember half of the stuff in these boxes Arthur." Merlin says shrugging his shoulders. Arthur rolls his eyes and then hands the box to Merlin.

"Well it won't open for me so you have a go oh powerful one." Holly snickers as Merlin looks down at the box.

He closes his eyes and it almost feels like the box is vibrating but only for a second.

He opens his eyes as the gold fades and blue replaces it. 

"I will never get over your eye change." Holly says and Arthur nods his head agreeing.

"It's literally just my magic in me." Merlin shrugs and opens the box to find more books but these ones he recognizes and he breaks into a grin. "Oh! I've used these books so many times! Gaius as well." He says and he thinks back all the times that he and Gaius have had to use magic to save someone or something.

"Hey, I know this is a change or topic but you do realize Christmas is coming up soon right?" Holly says and Merlin looks at her like she's crazy.

"Holly we just had Halloween."

She snorts. "Yeah last month." She says and Merlin shakes his head.

"No way it's already almost December." He says getting his phone from his pocket and sure shit she's right. It's already almost December. In a few more days it'll be December 1st. "Well shit."

"It's almost Christmas!" Holly says jumping up and grinning. "I'm so excited! I love Christmas!"

"Oh yeah. Love the holidays." Merlin says and flips through the pages of the book he got out of the box and Arthur just watched Holly with raised eyebrows.

"Merlin you're not even paying attention." Holly says and Arthur chuckled and scratches Lilith under her chin and she makes a cooing sound. Sooner or later she's going to be to big to get in the house unless we get a different door for her to come in through.

"We need a new way for her to get in." Arthur says and that catches Merlin's attention.

He looks at him with a smile. "You want it so the dragon can get into the house whenever she wants?" He asks and Arthur frowns in confusion. "You're the one who hated dragons before. Now you wanna make sure she has a way inside."

Arthur actually looks sheepish. "I can have a change of heart, don't judge me." Arthur says which causes Merlin to laugh.

"So I never really asked this yet but how was living back in Camelot like?" Holly asks and Merlin sighs whike Arthur grins.

"It was okay." Merlin says and Arthur scoffs.

"It was brilliant. I enjoyed it." Arthur says and Holly raises her eyebrows.

"Only because you didn't have to muck out your stables or clean your clothes or make your bed or get your food or anything like that." Merlin says which causes Arthur to grin even bigger and Holly laughs.

"Well I was the king." He says and Merlin rolls his eyes.

Merlin flips through the book on his lap and reads over the spells in his mind, not daring saying then out loud. "I've used some of these before." He says an Arthur tilts his head to the side.

That catches Holly's attention. "I've never really seen you use magic before. Are you sure you're that powerful?" She asks and Arthur burst out laughing and Merlin frowns.

"Of course I am! I'm not only the most powerful being but I'm also a dragon lord. Hence the dragon." He finishes pointing down at the said dragon who's chewing on a toy which isn't going to last long by the looks of it.

"Well." Arthur says standing up and stretching. "I'm hungry." He says before heading up the stairs just as Merlin's phone rings making him and holly both jump startled.

He grabs his phone off the table where he placed it and holds it to his ear, pressing accept. "Hello?"

"Merlin!" A small child's voice comes through making Merlin grin.

"Clary! How are you doin love?" He asks and he can hear the smile in her voice.

"I'm okay. Can I come to your place this weekend?" She asks and Merlin looks down at Lilith who's watching him with wide green eyes. Her eyes have finally gotten colour to them.

"This weekend?" He asks and he hears her make a noise.

"Yes Merlin! I haven't seen your new home yet!" She explains and Merlin chuckles.

"Okay, yeah you can come over." He says and Arthur comes back in with a piece of pizza.

Merlin hangs up after saying goodbye and setting a time. "Who was that?" He asks and Merlin smiles.

"Clary's coming over tomorrow." Merlin says and Arthur just raises an eyebrow and keeps chewing in his pizza and Holly flips through her phone.

Glad you pay attention.