Chapter 20

Evie's POV

Today's the day, and to say I was nervous was an understatement.

I placed the cookies on a plate, and I walked up to his office where I know he is. He's been there all morning, giving me time to prepare.

I have the cookies, and the little gift box in my hand as I knock on the door.

Braxton opens it up, and pulls me inti a hug, kissing my mark.

"Happy birthday my beautiful mate" He whispers in my ear, pulling away.

I smile up at him, and hand him the cookies. He takes them and sets them down on his desk.

"Happy birthday to you too. I uh, got...this." I stutter, twirling the little box in my hands.

The little box hilds something that could make my life even better, or completely destroy it.

"Oh, I got you something too." He says, taking out a box around the same size as mine, except his is velvet.

He opens the box slowly and I gasp at what's inside.

There is a silver charm braclet with little charms such as a wolf, and a heart.

"I love it" I smile and him, and wrap my arms aroynd his neck. Giving him a kiss before pulling away.

And just like that, I'm nervous again.

He didn't seem to notice as I slowly handed him the box.

I let out a long breath as he opens the box and just stares at what's inside for a few minutes.

Slowly, he turns and looks at me, his eyes giving nothing away.

"Are you...are you serious?" He asks, looking down at me with almost pleading eyes.

I nod, a small smile on my face. His while face instantly lights up like a Christmas tree.

He lifts me up and twirls me around, I laugh.

"We're gonna be parents! I'm gonna be a dad!" He yells, is eyes filled with delight. I giggle as he brings me down close to him again.

He sets his chin on the top of my head, and pulls me close to him.

"I promise to be a good dad to our pup. And to be a good mate to you." He murmers into my hair.

I lean into him.

Everything is good.

Everything will be fine.
.
.
.
After I told him, we both agreed to tell the pack. I mean, why not? I'm sure they'll be happy for us.

Oh boy, they were way more than happy. Bianca decided that she and the former luna, her mom, were going to decorate the baby room. Even though we still have over 4 months.

Meaning that it's also our birthday, the celebration was extra big. Right now, me and Braxton are hiding out in the kitchen, meaning that everybody else is in the backyard.

I eat yet another cookie, and wipe the crumbs off of my hands.

So much has changed the past few months. For one, I found my amazing mate, who I never knew I needed so much.

Then the whole Layla thing, where she basically stole my mate from me.

And now, I find out we're going to have a pup. And surprisingly, I'm actually really excited. Who would've thought everything would turn out so nicely?

"Should we head back?" I ask him, and he puts his hands on either side of me.

"I'd rather just stay here." He says, nuzzling hus head inyo the crook of my neck. My eyes close as he kisses my neck.

I realize that there are other people here, and pull away. My face all hot, while he's just smirking.

I glare at him, and go outside where everyone congratulates me once again.

I thank everyone with a smile.

Everything is perfect, and I couldn't of asked for a better mate. I don't know what oir future holds, but I know we'll always be okay. Us and our pup.
.
.
.