Chapter 2

Evie's P.O.V

After we got home, I went straight to my room to take a nap.

I get to my room, changed into a pair of shors and a t-shirt with a cat on it, I layed down in my bed, and instantly fell asleep.

Not 5 minutes later, I was awoke from a pressure on my legs.

Groggily, I opened my eyes to see Jack, my best friends with bright red hair sitting on my legs, my sketchbook in hand.

Before she notices I'm awake, I snatch the book out of her hands and hide it under my pillow. It's the only private thing about me, no one but her is alowed to look at it.

"Hey, your awake. Your mom wanted me to come get you. We're going to the packhouse for the day." She says with a smile. Ignore her looks, she might look all tough on the outside, but she isn't shes about as tough as a bunny. But that's why we're best friends.

I sigh and get up for the 2nd time today.

Swinging my legs out of my warm bed, I stalk over to my closet again and take out a pair of black jean shorts, and a plum t-shirt. There was no way in hell I was going over there in my pj's.

I brushed my blonde hair and put it up in a high pony-tail. Pulling the stuff that didn't stay up down to frame my face.

I didn't bother with makeup, and followed Jack down to the kitchen where my brother and mom were sitting.

"Hey loser" He says when he spots me. Like most siblings we have a strong bond that nobody could ever break. I love him to death.

"Hey asshole" I smile at him, only to get glared at by my mom.

"Language" She scolds me. I hold up my hands in surrender, and say sorry.

I grab an apple out of our fruit bowl, and follow Jack outside to the path where we shift.

She shifts into her black wolf first, the same color of her hair before she dyed it, and then I shift next.

My wolf is so blonde is looks almost white, and my coat gets dirty very easily.

We take off towards the pack house, and get there in no time at all. Meaning that werewolves are way faster than any other animal.

After shifting back, luckily with our clothes still on, we go inside the mansion to see Luna Kaitlyn, and her son Kyle sitting in the grand living room.

As soon as we step in Luna raises her head nd smiles at us.

Luna is like the mother figure to the whole pack. She takes care of everyone, and helps the omegas with the cooking and cleaning.

Lot's of pack's don't take care of the omega's. I mean yes, they did do something to deserve it, but you have to learn to forgive. Not hold it against them the rest of their lives.

Jack leads me up to her room in the packhouse, where I have been many times before, which is on the 2nd floor.

She plops down on her bed before speaking up.

"So..what should we do? We could pull some pranks? Or go for another run?" She asks me.

Run! I wanna go for a run!

I smile at her eagerness.

"I vote for a run" I tell her in which she smiles.

~~~~~

We take off into the lush forest, our paws hitting the soft earth each step we take.

I can feel the aind rufle my fur as I run lightning-fast. Ok, maybe not that fast but you get my point.

Suddenly I stop as I hear little hops coming a few feet away.

I crouch to invesigate when a little white bunny hops in front of me.

Normal wolves would jump at it, and tear into its flesh, but that's not how Milini is. Instead, she rubs her snout against it's fluffy side as it hops away.

I catch up to Jack, and we both walk towards a small waterfall deep in the woods.

We both head towards it and start drinking the cold water, quenching out thirst.

We both shift back and stick out sore feet into the water. Running for a few hours sure kills your feet.

We sit in silence before I speak up.

"It sure is nice out here." I sigh, laying back on the soft vreen grass, my feet still soaking in the water.

"Yeah" She says, gazing at her reflection in the water. Jack is really pretty, with her deep red hair, and dark eyes. Compared to myboring blonde hair and blue eyes. I snort. I'm such a cliche.

"Excited for tomorrow?" She asks me. Instantly I know what she's talking about. The ball.

"Honestly? No I'm not. There is a 90% chance that I'll find my mate tommorow. I don't want to be tied down, I want to be free." I say, looking up at her sadly.

"It's not ao bad." She says softly.

"Having a mate I mean. They love you, and there's nothing that can change that." She tells me.

"And besides, I'll be the one to do your makeup tomorrow" She says smiling. She doesn't wear a lot of it, but she is very good at doing makeup.

"I guess your right. Wanna head back?" I ask her, getting up.

She nods, and stands up with me, shifting and taking off as soon as she stands up. Me on the other hand look around one last time, and then shift. Following behind her at a much slower pace.

~~~~~

How'd you luke it? It was sorta boring but the next chapter is much better!

Hope you liked it!