Chapter 14

Evie's POV (lots of pictures in this one, and the next one.)

After our little heart to heart, Brax decided to take me to his house. Well, our house now.

We shifted and ran there, me not being able to beat him because I have no idea where it is.

But when we got there, oh mu goodness whas it pretty.

{The house. On a lake}

{The living room

{The living room. Just imagine a flat screen TV instead of the painting.}

{The kitchen}

{The kitchen}

It was a cabin-type house, right on the lake. In the middle of the woods. It was perfect. And honestly better than the castle is. Probably cause'  this one is more homey.

The house was all wooden. The kitchen had a stone island, with four tall chairs around it. And had all stainless-sleel appliances. With lots of cupboards and space.

Next up was the living room. There was a tall fireplace, with tan couches and chairs surround- ing it. Above the fire place sat a large flat screen, and there were a few lambs and a coffee table on a beautiful rug in the room also.

We went up a wooden staircase with a railing so you could over look the house, as well as the lake due to the windows.

{This type of staircase}

At the top of the stairs, there were two doors, one of them was the master bedroom, or our bedroom. And the other was a guest bedroom. There was also a basement with another bedroom. All of the bedrooms have a bathroom, and a closet.

We walked into the guest bedroom first, it was pretty bare apart from a bed and a stand, and then we went to our bedroom.

The bed was king-sized, and had red and gold blankets and sheets, with a bunch of pillows. Then there was a small fireplace, and a mini chandelier that hung over the bed made out if deer antlers.

The wall accross from the bed was almost all glass, so you could see the lake and the forest. All in all, a beautiful view. There was also two plush couches in from of that wall, with a small tabke with a lamp on it. The window had long checkered curtains. The bathroom was themed the same, but had marble flooring in the shower insead of wood.

"This house is gorgeous." I say, walking to the window to look out at the lake.

He doesn't say anything, but comes up behind me and burries his head in my neck. Then he mumbles,

"My wolf is going crazy. Telling me to mark you..." I go rigid. I'm not really ready for that. Not yet. Well I don't think I am.

He sighs once he realizes I'm not going to say anything.

"I have to do some pack business. Will you be fine here by yourself? Or do you want to come with?" He asks me, stepping back. I immediately miss his warmth.

"I should be fine." I say, giving him a small smile. He nods and kisses my forehead.

"Alright. I'll be back soon." He says, and gives me one last kiss on the forehead then leaves. Right after he does, I run to the bed and pounce on it.

I crawl under the silk sheets, and eventually fall asleep.

~~~~~

I don't know how long I was asleep for, but it's dark now and he's still not back. Maybe I should go and check on him? But that might come off as too clingy.

Checking the time, I notice it's already 9. I was only alseep for a few hours.

Go check on him. His wolf is hurting, I can feel it.

Milini whimpers, and then blocks me out.  Well, so much for your help.

I walk over to his closet and take out one of his t-shirts, meaning that I don't have my own, and slip it on.

Quickly walking down the stairs, careful not to trip, I make it to the front door.

Thank god I'm a werewolf, we can see in the dark. Because it's pitvh black outside. And cold.

I run out the door and shift, allowing Milini to take over.

We reach the pack house in no time at all.

I shift back, and walk to the living area because I know I'll find Bianca there. She's always there, or eating food in the kitchen. But, who am I to judge, I love food too.

Quickly, I spot her. Heh, I was right.

"Hey Bi! Do you know where Braxton is?" I call out to her, and she turns and looks at me.

"Office I think." She calls back, and I start making my way towards his office.

I don't know about this... Something's off... Mills whispers.

Frowning, I walk up to the door, and open it.

Bad. Idea.
Very. Bad. Idea.

I cover my mouth with my hand s I look at the scene in front of me. That girl, who I now know as Layla, is kissing Brax. And he is kissing her back.

He hands are settled on her waist, while hers are tangled in his hair.

I choke back a sob, and that's when they turn to look at me. That bitch has a smirk on her face, but Brax just has a blank face on. What the fuck?

H...how? What did we d..do? Milini crys, and barries her head under her paws.

I can feel my own tears running down my face.

"Wha-? How? Why?" I cry, looking between the two of them. Layla speaks up.

"Did you honestly think he would ever love you? He's mine. I already til1d you that, but no! You didn't listen, now did you?" She spits, venom lacing her words. I look down.

"He was always mine. Just remember that." She says, and walks over too Brax and places her lips on his. He responds almost immediately, wrapping his arms around her. A sob wrakes through my body, as I turn and run down the stairs.

I don't know where I'm going. All I know is that I have to leave. I can't stay there. I cant go back to my mum. She'll think going back is the best option. Maybe I should just stay at his house. Lock myself in the basement so he can't find me.

Not forever of course, but just until I find someplace else. Away from him.

~~~~~

Okay, this chapter sucks. Noy one of my best. But here it is!