42

-Age 6-

"December! Get in here!"

My heart skipped beats as I tossed my crayon down on the table and got up as fast as I could.

"Y-yes daddy?"

"What took you so long, what the hell were you into?!"

I shook my head fast. "Nothing daddy I promise! I was just playing!"

He stared me down and her looked really mad. I hate it when he's mad, cause I get hurts..

"Now December, what did I tell you to say to people that ask about your bruises?"

"Tell them t-that I fall."

He nodded slowly smiling at me. "That's right. You wouldn't want your daddy to be taken away, would you?"

I pouted shaking my head. "N-no daddy!"

"Ok then, let's keep our games between me and you."

"Daddy?" He was quiet but looked over at me. "Where is mommy?"

I haven't seen her in a long time. But daddy doesn't like them. He says they were mean and left us. They didn't want me so mommy left me all alone with daddy.

"Don't you ever ask about that whore again!" He shouted standing up making me fall. "Do you understand me?!"

I cried and nodded. "Y-yes daddy I am sorry!"

He smiled and got down closer to me. "Well that's quite alright my beautiful daughter. You can always make it up to daddy. You wanna know how to make daddy happy again?"

I nodded slowly. "I do daddy."

He smiled and grabbed my hand pulling me over to him. I was smiling because daddy was happy, but then I felt his hands going down to my "no no" place. I not like it when I does that, it hurts!

"No more big girl games d-daddy."  I whined trying to push his hands away.

He was silent as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I luckier and screamed as much as I could but daddy is too big and strong.

"No! I wan Demi!" It's not fair, I always missed Demi when she leaves to go sing.

"Shut! Up!"  He screamed in my face knocking my down and I hurt my head hard making everything go dark.

-Age 12-

My breath hitched as I woke up screaming from yet another nightmare. It really wasn't anything new. Every night I would wake up literally drenched in sweat, crying from the voices and memories flowing through my brain.

"Would you keep it down, some of us are trying to sleep!"

I rolled my eyes turning my back towards the door. "Shut my door Madison."

"I don't have to do shit!"

"Why do you want to come in here messing with me, hmm?"

"The same reason you freak out every night waking me up!"

I just ignored her and decided to close my eyes and go back to sleep.

I had no energy nor did I want to argue with her. She knows why I wake up every night screaming, they all do. But maybe it's just not important enough for them to care about.