44

December's POV.

Dally💖: Hey babydoll, I'm just checking on you. Everything ok?

I smiled when I saw Dallas's text pop up on my phone. She was not joking when she said the would be texting me.

This is the sixth text in the last 30 minutes. She's concerned so understand.

To Dally💖: Yes dally I'm fine, I'll be home soon. Promise. 🤞🏼

Dally💖:Ok babydoll, well I love you. Please call me if you need me.💜

To Dally💖: I love you too🥰

I sighed to myself as I slowly put my phone back down and pushed it back over to the side.

"So, umm I was so shocked when you actually agreed to meet with me."

I looked back up across the table to Alex who had a small, nervous smile on his face.

"Yeah me too." I whispered more to myself.  Why was I here? Honestly I don't even know. I truly don't know. But he called and asked for me to meet up with him, so after my run I just chose to.

Alex cleared his throat and I watched as he brought his hand up to scratch the back of his head.

"So ummm how do you know him? Luke?"

My heart and body ached just from hearing his name. "H-He's an ex."

He nodded slowly. "Oh-he did that to you?" Not even seeing what he was gesturing to, I knew he was pointing to my bruises.

I just sat without saying a word. What was I to say?

"Fuck I'm so sorry December. I feel like complete shit that this happened to you, I mean he is my cousin, b-but I would have never left you in his presence if I would've known this would've happened to you!"

I looked over at him as tears began to brim over in my eyes. "I really want to believe you Alex, I do.." I sighed, "But I'm sure you can see how that is hard for me."

He nodded quickly. "Yes, of course I do December. But I didn't know that you knew him! I swear!"

This conversation was one that I definitely didn't want to have. Especially right now, but looking at Alex I could tell that he was being genuine about not having any ill intentions or anything. Of course that thought ran through my mind a few times. I mean what were the odds of him just happening to know Luke? I guess chances were higher than I thought.

"I-I mean, yes he is my cousin. But if I would have know that-"

"Alex. It's fine, ok. There is absolutely no way that you could have know that what happened to me would have." I shrugged trying to calm him.

He sighed softly and shook his head. "Just please, please believe me December, I would have never done you that way. Shit. I really like you, and I would never put you in harms way like this."

I reached over the table grabbing his hands trying to stop him from beating himself in the face. "A-Alex stop it. Stop it ok." I cried. "I-I believe you, and I forgive you."