XXV

When they finally headed back home, they bid good night to their aunt and stood in the living room wondering what was next for them. Was everything good between them? Should they resume life like it was back when everything was perfect between them? How would the transition take place? They were unsure.

"So...uh good night then?" Noor suggested half-heartedly as she looked down at the hem of her chunni (traditional scarf).

"Um...good night." Prem was disappointed but offered to walk Noor to her room. Noor cursed herself for speaking up first. When they reached her room, Prem hesitantly held open the door for Noor to enter. She stepped in and he closed it behind her.

For a moment, they both stood on the opposite sides of the door, discontented. Then Noor, allowing the overwhelming desire formed within that moment to completely take over her, said "fuck it," and opened the door. The position of Prem's hand told her he was about to do the same. She looked at him straighten his posture for a second before reaching straight for his tie and pulling him into a kiss. He wrapped his arms around her back and reciprocated with more passion than she could have anticipated. They couldn't recall the last time they felt so alive and parted only when they ran out of air. Noor looked up at the most handsome man she knew, commanding him by his tie once again felt amazing.

"We probably shouldn't be in the same room tonight." She stated looking down.

"Yeah, you won't be able to keep your hands off of me." Prem's earring glistened under the hallway light at his naughty suggestion.

"God, I missed you!" Noor exclaimed planting a kiss on his cheek. "I missed you so fucking much, Prem." She said as tears built up in both their eyes. Her arms were still around his neck when Prem couldn't help but take her into another passionate kiss. They were inside her room in no time. While his lips had found her neck, his hands had found the zipper on her back. He was getting carried away and as desperately as Noor wanted him to go on, she knew it was simply not appropriate tonight, so she withdrew. They were both panting when Prem looked at her. She could tell he was aching for her. Taking his face in her hands one more time, she kissed his cheek. "Good night."

Closing his eyes and taking a step back, "good night," Prem sighed. He stood there looking at her for a few seconds before hurrying out of the room. He knew he could only hold back for so long.

In their respective rooms, both began on their night routines in preparation for the night. Prem had just finished setting up his bed for the night when he heard movement in the hallway. He turned around to see Noor in his door leaning against the frame. He looked at her in the same expression as she had on, a little composed, a little restless, a little restricted, a little rebellious.

"Take that off." She ordered pointing to his shirt as she stepped in and closed the door behind her.

The dimples in Prem's cheeks became apparent as he lowered his eyes in a shy smile.

"That smile...god damn it, Prem!" Noor dashed over to him with such a force that she ended up tackling him onto the bed. The next few minutes got to witness sheer passion pouring hungrily out of the two of them as they feasted onto one another. When Noor finally got a chance to look around, she noticed the pillows on the bed placed exactly how she used to set them up every night when they were together.

"You knew I would come?" Noor looked down at Prem lying beside her.

He simply nodded in response as he shifted upwards and placed his head on the main pillow occupying his side of the bed.

"But I really shouldn't be here tonight." Noor smiled when he pulled her up to himself and simply stared at her face.

"You're not going anywhere." He said putting one arm around her back as if to lock her in place. Tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, he guided her face lower to kiss her one more time.

"Prem..." Noor ended up saying as she scanned his stunning face. There were tears forming in her eyes once again.

"Noor..." Prem replied in the same tone as he caressed her jawline with his thumb. Tears made way to his eyes as well.

They both just looked at each other. Allowing the unbelievable reality of them in each other's arms to settle on them.

"Prem..." Noor repeated, this time in a grateful smile as her first tear fell out onto his cheek.

A thankful smile spread over his lips too. "Noor..." He let his tear spill out as well.

"Prem!" Noor cried still smiling just looking at him.

"Noor!" Prem replied in the same tone beginning to cry as well.

"Two years." Noor managed in between her tears. "Two fucking years, Prem! We did that to ourselves. Two whole years!"

Prem shook his head. "I can't believe it. You're my everything. I can't believe...I managed to go on for two whole years without you. What a waste!" There was extreme disappointment in his voice.

"We wasted two years, baby." Noor sobbed putting her face next to his. "We wasted two fucking years of our lives."

"I'm sorry." Prem cried placing a hand on the back of her head. "I'm so sorry, baby. I love you so much. I love you more than anything in this world. You're my everything. I won't be able to go on a second without you in my life. I love you more than you will ever know. I love you." He lifted her face and kissed her forehead. "I love you. I love you. I'm sorry." He repeated wiping her cheeks. "I died every single second of every single day in these past two years. I love you." He kissed her one more time.

"I love you too!" Noor sniffled. "I love you so fucking much, Prem. I love you so damn much. I fucking love you." She wiped his cheeks as well.

"I love you." Unable to get enough of her divine face, Prem looked at her some more. "I missed you so much." He whispered caressing her cheek. "I missed everything, your smile..." He ran his thumb gently over her lips, "your hair, your scent." He inhaled working his nose between her neck and her hair. "Your presence. You."

Noor smiled. "I missed you too." She said kissing his forehead. "I missed you more than you will ever know." She choked on her words again as she lowered her face down to his chest and hugged him. He put his arms around her completing the hug. "I missed this more than anything else." She tilted her head upwards and kissed his chin before resting her ear on his heartbeat again. "I missed listening to your heart." She told him as she felt him plant a kiss on top of her head.

"Still as narcissistic as you used to be, huh? Prem suddenly joked out of nowhere. "I wouldn't be able to hear my name that many times."

"Shut up!" Noor let out a little laugh as she hit him lightly on the shoulder.

That was the position they fell asleep in that night.