Unguarded Passion

"Do you wanna go to the beach real quick?" Noor looked at Prem as he wheeled his Louis Vuitton suitcase into its designated place in the large walk-in closet of their presidential suite.

Ignoring her completely, he proceeded to kneel down next to his suitcase and began unzipping it.

"Wow. You are wildly in violation of the pact." Noor declared holding up both of her hands.

He paused for a second and looked at her leaning against the frame of the walk-in closet door. "The pact was to act civil with you for two days, not to answer all your questions." He said dryly.

"No, the pact was that along with being civil with me, you will do exactly as I say for these two days. And might I remind you, answering my questions is part of being civil. In exchange, I will be the ideal wife before Mr. Randhawa and family so you can secure that contract you so desperately want." Noor explained in a smile. "Now, you ready to act civil with me?"

"Sure." He replied getting up and walking over to her. "I'll try not to jump out of the fucking window." He stated walking off to the bar area.

Noor sighed as she watched his back at the bar counter. She put her suitcase in its place and began neatly setting up her clothes for the following days. Once done, she took a seat on the bed with her laptop on her lap. She was only a couple clicks in when Prem stepped out of the bathroom, shirtless. He knew Noor's eyes were glued to him as he moved across the room staring down at his phone.

"Stop. Watching me." He said without moving his eyes an inch off of his phone screen.

"What are you gonna do?" Noor smirked. "Go invisible?"

Prem looked up from his phone to express exactly how ridiculous she sounded through furrowed eyebrows. Noor's smile grew deeper. He shook his head in quick disapproval before taking a seat on the sofa next to the window and turning on his laptop as well.

Noor continued staring at him in a smile. She admired every move he made, smitten. The way the sunlight highlighted the gold of his skin, the way his diamond earring glistened as his head angled to wipe something off of the screen. The way lines of concern formed on his forehead when he read something displeasing on the laptop. The way some of his hair fell onto his forehead. How could someone be so perfect? She wondered now deep in her trance. He glanced up from his computer screen and saw her staring but managed to ignore her gaze. Noor let out a small laugh at his attempt to overlook her. Watching Prem was something she could never grow bored of doing. Everything about him absorbed her completely into the moment. It was only around him when she was truly alive, truly in the present moment, appreciating and living through every single passing second. She loved him more than life itself. Prem looked up once again and saw her still looking at him in the same expression. He let out an audible sigh.

"What?" Noor laughed.

"What are you doing?" Irritated, he finally asked.

"Meditating." She told him holding his gaze.

Taken aback, he simply eyed her for a second as if communicating without saying anything. "Stop." He told her before lowering his eyes once again.

"Sorry, but I don't let anyone get in the way of my worship. Not even God himself." She told him.

"No wonder you have no idea who is turning against you in business...you've focused your entire attention on becoming a fucking poet." He shook his head studying his laptop screen.

"I am only an extension of you, Your Majesty. I'm a poet because everything about you is so damn poetic." She tilted her head in deep admiration for him. "There is art in every move you make. The way your enviously thick lashes steal a blink between your intense focus at the screen daring to interrupt your piercing gaze. The concentration with which those eyes glide across the screen and then the frustration with which they look up at me after getting distracted. See...just like that!" She laughed as her words forced him to look up once again. "And then make an attempt to return to work. The way those fingers strike the keyboard at the speed of lightning and then reach for your chin to scratch the light stubble when you're in deep thought. Everything about you." Noor finished off. Crossing his arms at his chest, Prem let himself fall backwards into the backrest of the sofa. He simply looked at her. They both stared at each other uninterrupted for the first time in nearly a year, when suddenly, Noor's phone rang, interrupting their moment.