"Qubool Ae"

It took Prem a long time apologize to Laila and even longer to convince her to not file a police complaint against Noor. While on one hand he couldn't believe Noor had just done what she did, on the other hand, he knew it was nothing compared to what she was capable of doing for him. He had asked Laila to casually mess with Noor, she had made the mistake of getting on her nerves. He had forgotten to emphasize how important it was for Laila to not only understand but also stay within her limits around Noor.

Noor's day at work was like any other. She did feel guilty for losing self-control and hurting Laila but put an end to it by reminding herself that woman was sleeping with her husband.

When she arrived home that evening, "Noor!" Prem's voice entered her ears like a blessing causing her heart and the designer purse in her hand to drop at once.

Freezing right in place, she took a hesitant turn towards him. He was seated in the living room next to Laila, who had a white bandage above her nose. Noor disliked even the idea of her, but she didn't matter in that moment because all her eyes could see was the man of her dreams as his call rang through her ears. Rushing over to him, she kneeled before him with her eyes filled to the brim before softly and with immense affection managing the words, "yes, baby."

He could tell his word had breathed life into Noor. Coming forward, he brought his face inches away from hers and whispered, "dance for me."

"Huh." Noor ended up saying out loud as she replayed his sentence in her mind.

"Dance for me." He repeated. "You see...Laila's a little hurt from this morning. On top of that, she's been bored at home all day...so why don't you go ahead and entertain her? It'll serve as your apology to her as well. I told her you're a great dancer and she wants to see. Right Laila?" He asked looking at her for confirmation.

"Yeah. Dance for me, Noor." Laila agreed in an authoritative tone spelling out revenge.

A single look from Noor's tear-filled and blood shot eyes spelled enough danger for Laila to reel back into her lane. However, that look, within a split second went from destructive to yearning as she faced Prem again. "Je aap nachave yaar tan nachna painda ae, rus jaave dildaar te nachana painda ae..." (If your love himself asks you to dance, then dance you must, if he ever gets upset with you, then dance you must). She stated in a pleased smile. "Peter!" She called out with her eyes still looking into Prem's, "bring me my ghungroos..." her voice broke as the tears in her eyes spilled out onto her cheeks. "I'm gonna dance..." She said almost excitedly. "I'm gonna dance because 'nachna je pe jai ban ghungroo, nach ke vi yaar manai da.'" (If I must dance with dancing bells on my feet, then that is what I will do to please my love.) She sniffled quoting yet another song about dancing to please a lover. "You keep that smile on your face and I will dance all night for you." She told him backing away and wiping her cheek to go prepare for it.

Within minutes, she stood before them ready to perform dressed in a plain white Anarkali suit with golden dancing bells at her feet. Setting the living room lights to dim, Prem took a sip out of the glass of liquor from the table before him and leaned back into the sofa to get comfortable. 

Noor snapped her fingers and the soft humming at the beginning of the song she has chosen filled the air. "Pyar tera kare majboor sanam, wafa di te gal badi door sanam..." (Your love leaves me helpless, loyalty from you is a farfetched thought). She lip synced the beginning words of the song looking straight at him. Her feet were planted but she did smooth arm movements. "Qubool ae, qubool ae, qubool ae, meinu teri bewafai vi qubool ae. Fizool ae, fizool ae, fizool ae, meri tere bina zindagi fizool ae." (I accept, I accept, I accept, even your infidelity, I accept. It's a waste, a waste, a waste, my life without you is a waste.) Lip syncing the chorus and meaning every word of it, she broke into her first moves as the beat within the song dropped. She was graceful, she was mesmerizing. She flowed with the music as effortlessly as did the tears down her cheeks. Not only were her moves unique and flawlessly carried out, her transitions were smooth and her emotions were raw and forefront at every second of the routine. She gave life to every word of every lyric in the song, performing it to perfection. The sound of her ghungroos hit exactly at the beat and every hit appeared to be engrossing her further and further into her dance.