Chapter 30

I rush to my car as I wave goodbye and blow a kiss to Natalie.
"Love you!!!!" I yell, hoping into my car. She smiles and yells,
"Love you more!"
I drive right to my house, no gym no nothing. Just my house. I needed to tell my mom.
"Mom mom mom!!!" I yell through out the house as I get in and close the door.
"Marcel! Jeez take off your shoes!" She roles her eyes.
"Sorry mom. But I really need to tell you something."
"Okay go on." She smiles and sets her rag down since she seemed to be dusting.
"I want to go to Austin, Texas for their high school with Natalie. Before you can see anything, I would get a great education. I could come and see you every other month for 3 days. Me and Natalie would be able to go to a great college together for our level. We would get our Masters Degree."
My mom says nothing, just stares at me.
"You're so smart." She laughs and hugs me.
"Sweetheart. All you have to do is talk to your teachers-"
"I did."
"Well, leave it all to me than. I know it sounds too easy but I'm very happy for you. This is what I expected from you. My smart, kind, talented son. I'm so proud of you sweety." She pulls me into another hug and kisses the top of my head.
I smile and hug her back. We stand there for quite awhile. I was so happy. I was getting to go to California with Natalie. My mom was letting me. I would get a great education. I couldn't wait to tell Natalie. We didn't need to do much. Just pack and apply. I'm positive they would except me. I have had straight A's ever since 3rd grade. That's for every 4 quarters too. To me, that was pretty darn good. I laugh to myself and walk upstairs, smiling. I pick up my computer and Skype Natalie. I didn't want to call her or text her. This was much more special than any so texting or calling. I see the buffer sign turn into the words "connecting". I see her face.
"Hi Marcel! Oh my gosh! What did your mom say! I was so worried. I kept asking myself like "oh my gosh what if he can't" and all that..."
She goes on and on and as I smile and sorta listen, I think of something. I should trick her.
"Um Natalie. I feel like I could talk to you about this better, face to face you know..."
"Oh..." She sighs. "I'll be right there okay?"
"Okay." I shut my computer with a frown but smile as I walk downstairs.
I hear a knock at my door. Wow. That was quick. I guess she knows where to go now though. I open the door with a straight face.
"Hi..."
"'Marcel! Tell me! What's wrong!"
I sign and sit her down on the couch in our extra room. It was just a room me and Gemma would study in if we didn't wanna be in our room. It had a desk and a couch. A fish tank that changed colors and our pet hamster, Bernie.
"I..."
"Yeaaaah?" She says, setting her hand on top of mine.
"My mom said yes!"
"WHAT! OH MY GOD SHE DIDNT!"
"Yes she did Natalie! She already called my school and is going to apply me for their school tonight!"
"OH MY GOD I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING! THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING! AND YOU CAN START ALL OVER MARCEL! YOU ALWAYS TOLD ME!"
It was true. I did wanna start all over. Besides for my grades and my family. My appearance I wanted to start over.
I nod and smile.
"This is amazing." She shakes her head and wipes away a happy tear.
"You do know when we leave right?" She asks me.
"Friday." I say, smiling and standing up, hugging her.
"Oh my gosh this is so amazing. I cannot believe this is happening. We will get to travel together!"
"Yup. Alone. Just us 2. At a new place. Maybe rent a apartment together."
"Yes!" She squeals and hugs me again.
She was right. This was amazing. Amazing for her. Amazing for me.