Chapter 9

I park along the side of the park. It wasn't a park where there was a playground, it was one where you have picnics or just come here to fish. Not to mention that it also had a boat landing, but I'm not that into stuff like that. I shut off the car and get out. She gets out also.

"This is really nice out here." She smiles and walks onto the pier. It's not a really long pier, but it's not a dock either. It had benches built in it and flowers growing out of pots on the railings.

"I always come here to wash my thoughts away. I usually bring a book or nothing at all." I sit on the open part of the pier and let my feet dangle in the water, after I take off my shoes. She does so too.

"It's so peaceful I just might come out here myself also."

I smile and grab a loose rock on the wood, skipping it in the water.

"Wanna go for a swim?" She stands up and takes off her shirt, revealing her tank top underneath, as she takes off her pants and reveals shorts underneath.

"But it's so cold..." I say, standing up anxiously.

"Ah. You get used to it." She sits on the edge once again and slips in. She goes under water and comes back up, flipping when air back, splashing water everywhere.

"Bbbbrrrr" she says, jokingly.

"Cmon its not that bad."

"Fine..." I mutter, takin off my short and pants.

Thank goodness I was still wearing my shorts underneath. I sit on the edge and look at her.

"Oh my god Marcel come on!" She grabs my arm and pulls me in.

She's laughing by now, as my teeth chatter and I go up to the surface.

"HOLY CRAP THATS COLD!" I yell.

She giggles.

"Like I said, you'll get used to it." She swims over to the more shallow area next to the pier. I look at the sunset. It's beautiful. Just like Natalie. Wait. Marcel. No. You don't like Natalie. Maybe. NO! You dont. Just shut up. I swim next to her and smile.

"So you aren't cold?"

"Nah. Not really."

"Wow. Cold blooded" I laugh.

She laughs too looking at me. I look away but she just keeps looking at me. I don't say anything. It's a little awkward. I just sigh.

"Do you know what time it is? My mom wanted me to be back at around 4 or so."

"Hold on." I swim to the side of the pier where my pants are. I dig in the pockets and find my phone. The time says 3:55. Guess it was time to go...

But I didn't want her to go. She was fun to be with. My first real friend from high school.

"2:30" I say, putting my phone away quickly.

"Really?"

"Yup..." I say looking away, trying not to smile.

"Alrighty."

She swims to the deeper end, going under water and coming back up repeatedly.

I swim over to her and see something she is trying to get at.

"Here. Lemme try. Just hold on ill be right back."

I hop out of the water and run to the car, taking my glasses off and exchanging them with contacts.

I run back and jump back in.

"Bbbrrr. It's even colder when you get out." I say laughing and getting myself wet again.

"Oh my god." She says looking at me.

"What..."

"You look so different without your glasses Marcel!"

I laugh.

"Thanks I guess."

I dive under water and open my eyes. The water is fine if it gets in my contacts because their water ones.

I dive deeper and find the shiny thing she was trying to get. I laugh as I look at it. It's a glass lens that must've fallen out of someone's sun glasses.

"Interesting."

She laughs and examines it, taking it to the pier and setting it by her shirt.

"Well, what do we do now?"

"'My legs are getting tired."

"Same here. Let's get warmed up in your car."

We jump out quickly and grab out clothes running to the car.

Thank goodness I have random towels sitting in the back of my car. They came in good use.

After we're both dry enough we manage to put on our clothes and we sit silently in the car watching the sun, slowly go down onto the surface of the lake.

"That was fun." I say smiling, looking over at her.

"Indeed it was."

She takes out the glasses lens from her Jean pocket and looks at it more.

I never realized how beautiful she was until now. Her hair had natural, at least I think they were natural, blonde streaks running down in her bangs and under neath. Her eyes were this greenish-blue color. The type that just pops. She had long eyelashes, very noticeable. But there's that one thing that made her the best. Her smile. Her smile was amazing. Her beautiful straight teeth and the way she gleamed when she smiled. Marcel. Your doing it again. I look down and blush, hoping she can't read minds.

OMG MARCEL HAS A CRRRUUSSSHHHHH OR DOES HE? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING THIS TO 25 VIEWS SO FAR! IM TRYING REAL HARD TO DO MY BEST! I WILL BE AT MY MOMS OFFICE FOR A WHILE TODAY SO I CAN HAVE EXTRA TIME! YAY!!!! KEEP READING AND PLZ PLZ PLZ SHARE THIS AND VOTE POSSIBLY THANKS! MAYBE COMMENT TOO!