Chapter 6

I wake up to the noise of a knock on my door.

"Marcel. It's time to wake up. It's already 10:30."

I moan and turn onto my stomach.

"Cmon Marcel."

"Okay..." I mumble into my pillow, slowly waking up. I slip out of bed and stretch, running my hands through my hair, in just my boxers, I head downstairs.

"Hi honey! You hungry?"

I yawn.

"Not really but I should have something."

"Okay so what do you want?"

I shrug. She sits down in front of me and gives me a stern look.

"Marcel. Are you sure everything's going alright with school."

"Yes. I said last night that everything was perfectly fine."

Lies. Nothing was fine. Besides Natalie wanting to "get to know me better".

"Okay..."

Gemma walks out, dressed and ready to go somewhere.

"Woah girl what's the hurry. He's picking you up at 12."

Gemma laughs and grabs an apple walking back into her room.

I cock my head.

"Where's she going?" I say, getting up to grab an apple also.

"She has a date with her new boyfriend." She smiles and looks at me.

"Do you think you'll ever want a girlfriend?"

I frown.

"Not really. They take your mind off of school. Too distracting. And it's not like I'm gonna get one anyways. I'm a loser in school."

"Marcel. Honey. You are NOT a loser."

I lower my head as she walks towards me.

"Okay? You are the smartest, sweetest, friendliest kid I know and I'm definitely not just saying that because your my son, I'm saying that because I've never met a boy like you."

I smile. My mom always made me feel better no matter what.

"Thanks mom"

"Of course sweet heart."

I stand up and walk to my room, taking a bite from my apple.

I closed the door behind me and sat on my bed looking out the window. The sun was shining in and it looked beautiful outside. I got dressed into some sweatpants and just a t-shirt. It was Saturday. No one was going to see me besides Natalie...

I sigh at the thought of me having to go to her house today. Or her coming here. Didn't really matter I guess. I sit and look down at my arms. Tattoos. Everywhere. No one knows I have them. Just my mom and Gemma. I get them for certain stories I can't repeat. Their like memories, showing that I survived something. Just like how some people let their feelings show by cutting or self harm. Mine is getting these. I rub my hand over the Things I Can't on my arm. A buzz from my phone breaks the silence. I stand up and see who it is. Of course I know who it is. I only have 1 contact on here and thats Natalie, besides my mom.

"So my house or your house?" The text read. I text back

"Mine if that's alright with you."

I wait for a reply.

Buzz.

"That's totally fine. How about 12?"

"Sounds great." I answer and set my phone down to charge. Wow. She actually texted me first. Interesting. I smile to myself. Well Marcel, let's not get your hopes up. I look in the mirror. My hair is messy, with curls sticking out the sides. I never liked my hair like this, but maybe I could make an impression on Natalie if I wear it like this. Maybe.