Chapter 28

The next morning I woke up from Luke’s phone buzzing on the bedside table.
I groaned and opened my eyes.
Luke’s head was resting on my stomach and his arm was loosely draped around it.
He was softly snoring and slept through the buzzing noise.
‘Luke’ I whispered, shaking his arm to try and wake him up.
Luke lifted his head up and looked at me in confusion.
‘What?’ he asked, lazily putting his head back.
‘Your phone keeps buzzing’ I answered.
Luke rolled off of me and grabbed his phone.
He sighed, did something on it and put it back, dropping himself beside me.
I turned around and looked down at my shirt that was sticking to my stomach.
I laughed and Luke looked at me confused. ‘Luke, did you seriously drool on me?’ I asked.
‘I did not?!’ he said, his cheeks already starting to turn a little pink.
‘I think you did’
‘I don’t do drooling’
‘Well then explain this’ I sat up showing the little wet circle on my shirt.
‘That wasn’t me!’ he held on, even though we both knew it was him.
‘No of course not, I did it myself right?’ I laughed.
Luke nodded ‘probably yeah’
I shook my head, a grin still plastered on my face and got out of bed.
I grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom to change.

-----

‘Never? As in not once in your 19 years of life?’ I shook my head and laughed at him.
‘Why is that so weird?’
‘Because everyone drinks it!’
‘Well not me! I was never allowed to!’
‘Why not?’
‘I don’t know?! My parents just wouldn’t let me!’
‘Well it’s time for you to try it now then’ Luke said.
He pulled off the road and parked the car.
‘What are we going to do?’ I asked, following his lead by getting out of the car.
‘We’re getting ourselves something to drink.’ He answered.
We walked inside the building we were parked in front of and waited for our turn.
‘Should I pick or do you see something that sounds interesting?’ Luke asked.
‘you pick’ I answered when I didn’t find anything that sounded very interesting to me.
Luke nodded and ordered a coffee and a tea.
They had different names, but that was really all he was ordering.
‘Oh and 2 of those brownies’ he said.
I looked up at the word brownies and a smile made its way across my face.
We waited for someone to finish our order and when we had our drinks and brownies, we sat down at a little table.
‘Why did you get the brownies?’ I asked. ‘Not that I mind or anything’
‘Because I’m hungry, and it’s brownies, no one can say no to brownies.’
I nodded in agreement and took a bit from it.
The taste of chocolate instantly tickling my taste buds.
‘It is such a long time ago that I ate one of those’ I said.
‘Really?’ Luke answered ‘your parents never bought them in the store?’
He asked it carefully, since my parents are still not a very comfortable subject for me.
‘No, they did it every once in a while but not that much. Now that I’m thinking about it, they usually only brought back home healthy stuff and maybe one or two unhealthy things. Of course, I was the only one eating those things but most of the time it was gone within a few hours.’
‘Prepare yourself than because we’ll probably be eating more junk food than healthy stuff’
I smiled, taking another bite of my brownie.
‘I don’t mind, I’m sick of all the stuff they made anyway. Although I do miss my mom’s lasagne. She was the best in making that’
Luke smiled at me and decided to change the subject, which I was very thankful for.
‘Which one would you like to try first?’ he asked ‘The coffee or the tea’
‘Aren’t they still really hot?’
‘A little, but that’s what they’re supposed to be’