Chapter 71

'We're going to be on this boat for 3 hours?' I asked looking at Luke in surprise.

He nodded 'Don't worry though, we'll be fine and it won't even feel like 3 hours.'

I nodded and got out of the car.

We were already on the boat, waiting for all the other people to get on so we could leave.

'It's so rainy today' I said, looking through the massive doors we just came through.

'Yeah, luckily by the time we arrive on the South Island it'll be around dinner time so we can just go find a hotel and eat something and we can stay there the rest of the day' Luke said, as he followed me to the front of the car.

I nodded and looked at him.

'So how are we going to spend the 3 hours on this boat then?'

'I have an idea, but everyone needs to get out of here first'

'What was your idea?' I asked.

Luke smiled. 'You'll see'

It took about half an hour before all the cars were inside and we started moving.

'I want to go outside' I said, looking through on of the windows that were too high to actually see anything through.

'Let's go then' Luke said, taking my hand and dragging me to the stairs.

We walked on the deck and were immediately welcomed with the rain that was pouring down.

I didn't really care though, I had never walked outside in the rain before.

I looked around to see there was no one around us, clearly no one liked the rain except for me.

Luke dragged me a little closer to the edge and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and let my head fall against his shoulder.

'You know, we might get sick because of this' Luke said, pulling me even closer.

'We'll survive,' I grinned 'besides, we have a suitcase filled with clean clothes so we can change out of these clothes in a restroom somewhere. '

'Good point.' Luke said, right before his stomach started growling.

I laughed and looked up at him.

'alright, let's just go back to the car and eat' I said.

Luke nodded and followed me back down the stairs.

We were completely soaked and I was actually getting really cold by the time we reached the car.

Luke opened the trunk and got some towels out of his suitcase.

I opened my suitcase as well, getting some clean clothes out of it and taking the towel Luke was holding out for me.

I looked around for the restrooms and sighed when I noticed a massive line in front of it.

Why was it always so busy there, especially the woman's restrooms.

I shivered 'I'm going to stand in the line before it gets any bigger' I told Luke.

He nodded and I walked away.

It took about half a minute for Luke to jump up next to me and take my hand, pulling me out of the line.

'What are you doing?' I asked, trying to pull back.

'There is absolutely no one in the man's restrooms. You can change in there' he said, pulling me inside the restrooms before I could protest.

I sighed, but was actually really thankful for this.

Luke turned around, smiling at me before pushing me into one of the stalls and disappearing in another one himself.

I quickly dried myself off and changed in my clean clothes before leaving the stall.

'That took you long enough' Luke joked when he saw me come out of the stall.

I grinned and shook my head, taking his hand and pulling him out of the bathroom.

'So what was that plan you had?' I asked.

Luke looked around to see that except for a few people that came in and out of the bathrooms, there was no one there anymore.

'There is this pick-up truck, a few cars in front of ours,' Luke started, unlocking the car and putting our wet clothes away.

'The back of the truck is empty, so we're going take some food and these blankets,' he said as he handed me some blankets. It was crazy how much he got to fit in the trunk of his car.

'And we're going to sit on there and watch a movie' he finished.

'Luke that's someone else's car, we can't just sit down in that'

'Technically, we're not sitting inside of it, we're sitting on top of it.' He smiled, closing the trunk and pulling me to the truck.

'I saw the guy who owns the truck and he left his car behind as soon as it was parked and I haven't seen him since. Most people come check on their car every 15 minutes to make sure no one tried to steal their stuff or something. but clearly, this guy doesn't have anything with him' Luke explained.

He quickly climbed on the truck and spread out the blankets I had given to him.

In some miraculous way, I got myself on the truck as well and we made ourselves comfortable as Luke got his phone and his earbuds out of his pocket and pulled me a little closer.

'I already picked out a movie, because I know if I'd ask you what you want to watch you'd probably tell me to pick something anyway' he said, plugging the earbuds in his phone and handing me one of them.

I smiled 'Yeah, I would have told you that'

Luke pressed a kiss against the side of my head and waited until I was comfortable before starting the movie.

Luke rested his head against mine as we watched the movie.

Luke had picked out big hero 6 and by the time we'd only seen half the movie, it was already one of my favourites.

It was funny, it was a little sad, there was some action, it was exactly the movie I  was in the mood for.

By the time the movie had ended, Luke was fast asleep on my shoulder.

It worried me a little, since he always said he couldn't sleep when it was light outside.

I had seen the dark circles that slowly started to form under his eyes, I just thought he had some trouble falling asleep.

I guess that could be it right? I couldn't really think of anything else it could be.

but then why couldn't he sleep?