Chapter 33

‘Not today okay?’ I heard Luke say.
He was trying to keep his voice down so I wouldn’t wake up.
‘I’ll look at it tomorrow, I need to take care of something else today’
I opened my eyes and turned around to face him.
He noticed my movements and turned around as well, mouthing a quiet “sorry” before turning back and focusing on the phone he was holding.
‘No, just…I’ll look at it tomorrow and I’ll call you back afterwards’ He hung up and turned it off.
‘Good morning,’ he said, giving me a lazy smile ‘I was just about to wake you up’
‘What are we going to do today?’ I asked, closing my eyes again and enjoying the warmth and comfort of the bed.
‘That’s a secret’
I groaned and opened my eyes again.
I set up straight and looked at him.
‘Can’t we stay in bed for a little bit longer?’ I pouted.
Luke just smiled and shook his head.
‘We can’t. We have a lot of things to do today’
‘But what if I just want to stay in bed all day?’ I asked, remembering that Luke wanted to dedicate this day to my happiness.
‘That’s not what we’re here for and it’s also not going to cheer you up.’
He grabbed my hand and pulled me off the bed.
I sighed and gave up, allowing him to lead me back to the living room.
I rubbed my eye with the one hand I had left to try and wake myself up.
Luke stopped walking and grabbed our bag, handing it to me and pushing me to the bathroom.
I quickly changed and walked out, feeling a little bit more awake then I did before.
In fact I was growing really excited for this day. I had no idea what Luke had planned but I couldn’t wait to find out.
‘You ready?’ Luke asked.
I nodded and dropped the bag on the little table we had.
‘Good because I don’t know about you, but I’m very hungry.’
‘yeah so am I’ I said, pulling my hair in a ponytail.
Luke walked to the door but stopped right in front of it.
‘You have to do one thing first, before we leave’
I furrowed my eyebrows and watched him as he walked up to me.
‘You have something in your pocket and I need you to leave it here’ he said.
‘What? My phone?’ I asked, already attempting to take it out.
‘No not your phone. The other thing’
I sighed and looked away from him.
‘I can’t do that’
‘Of course you can, we’re not leaving otherwise’ His voice was stern but the look in his eyes told me he was not completely serious.
I pulled the little piece of paper out of my pocket and held it in my hands.
‘but what if I lose it?’ I asked.
‘You won’t lose it, I promise. There’s a bigger chance you’ll lose it outside then in here’
Luke patiently waited for me to start walking and put it somewhere safe but I couldn’t get myself to move.
‘I can also keep it with me if you’d rather have that?’ he said.
I nodded and swallowed.
That letter was what connected me to my parents the most and he knew that.
I fiddled with it a little bit before carefully handing it over to Luke.
He smiled at me. ‘I’ll keep it safe I promise’ he said, stuffing the piece of paper in his wallet.
I watched him carefully. I wanted to just rip that piece of paper away from him and hold it with me, but I knew I could trust him and that he really would keep it safe.
‘Come on, we’re going to be eating so much junk food today’ he smiled excitedly and pulled me out if the hotel.
We walked straight to the car and got in.
We drove in silence and my mind drifted off to today.
I was very curious about what we were going to do today, but I couldn’t figure out a way to make him tell me. 

---
A/N:
The next chapters are going to be so sweet! Be prepared hahaa