Chapter 38

We walked out of the cave in complete silence and slowly made our way to the car.
We were not holding hands anymore, in fact, I don't even think Luke looked at me after that kiss.
I really wanted him to say something because I had no clue what he was thinking.
He had a concerned look on his face and I wasn't sure what to think of that.
He sighed and suddenly stopped walking.
I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around to face him.
'I'm sorry,' he said. 'I never meant for that to happen' he sighed again and looked around, nervously biting his lip ring.
'This day was meant for you to be totally happy and for you to see the world from a different view. I really didn't mean to do that and I'm so sorry. I don't even know what came over me, it just...I just...' he let out a frustrated groan. 'I'm sorry, can we just forget about that?'
I looked at him carefully.
He was staring at his shoes as if he was to ashamed to look me in the eyes, and moved around nervously.
He really looked like he regretted kissing me, but to be honest, I just wanted him to do it again.
'It's okay,' I answered. 'Don't worry about it' My voice was soft, indicating that I actually didn't agree with him.
He just didn't know me well enough yet to realize that.
Luke looked up at me 'I just don't want things to be awkward between us' He said.
'It won't ' I smiled.
Luke nodded and grabbed my hand again.
'Okay, well...there's only one more thing left for us to-.' Luke started before his eyes grew big and he gasped.
'Scratch that, we need to do 2 more things' he pulled me with him into a store.
The walls were painted in the brightest colours and as soon as we walked into the room the sweet smell of candy filled the air.
'A candy store?' I grinned, thankful that the awkwardness seemed to have left us.
Luke shrugged innocently and looked around.
'I promised you gummy bears remember?'
'Yeah, I remember that'
We walked around the store for a bit and eventually ended up buying a life supply of gummy bears and a ton of sour patches because according to Luke sour patches were better than Kim Kardashians face when she cries.
I just decided to trust him on that one, seeing that I didn't know who Kim Kardashian is and I definitely didn't know what she looked like when she cried.
'Alright, now what?' I asked when we were back in the car.
'Well, now it's almost 7 PM and I think it's time for dinner'
----
'but remember, today's a junk food day, even though we didn't eat that much, you're still only allowed to eat unhealthy things,' Luke said.
'Oh, and we're taking the curly fries, because curly fries are cool'
We were in a restaurant called the "Thirsty Weta".
The name was weird, but apparently they food was the best.
We looked at our menu's for a bit before both deciding to just take the hamburger, with of course extra curly fries.
A waitress took our order, taking one very, very, very good look at Luke before leaving our table.
'Thank you Luke,' I said, deciding to ignore what just happened. 'For this whole day. It was by far, the best thing we've done so far'
Luke smiled and took a sip of his coke.
'aw, that's okay. I loved doing it.'
I thought back to today and suddenly realized we were in a restaurant.
'What's up?' Luke grinned when he saw my, probably way to excited, face.
'We're in a restaurant' I simply stated while trying to pull my phone out of my pocket.
'That means there's Wi-Fi here right?'
I put my phone on the table and unlocked the screen.
'Now I can look up why they made that toothbrush fence'
Luke laughed and watched me as I looked back to my phone.
'How do I do that again?'
Luke turned my phone around, did something on it and then turned it back to me.
'Now just type in what you want to know'
I typed in "toothbrush fence" and I clicked on the very first link I saw.
I was directed to another site with an article of an old newspaper on it and I slowly started reading.
'Apparently,' I started explaining 'There's also this thing called the bra fence. And the man who thought of the toothbrush fence has an obsession with toothbrushes and thought: "why not hang them up on a fence too and see what happens"'
Luke grinned.
'So he basically just created that because he felt like it'
I nodded and put my phone away.
The waitress arrived with our food and we ate it while talking about cup noodles, picture frames and purple socks.