Chapter 60

'Hey V?' Luke said, knocking on the bathroom door.
'Yeah?' I said, silently playing with the massive amount of soap in the bath.
'Pizza's here'
'Oh'
'Yeah, you can stay there for a little longer if you want, I just thought I'd tell you'
'I don't want to get out yet but I'm hungry' I pouted, even though he couldn't see me.
Luke was quiet for a second, before he continued talking.
'You can eat it while you're still in the bath,' he said 'I can give it to you'
I stopped playing with the bubbles and looked at the door, and then back to the bubbles.
There was so much soap that there was no way he could see anything but my face.
The door was still unlocked, simply because my parents always told me to leave the door unlocked in case something happened.
'Yeah, that would be nice' I said, pulling some more bubbles closer to me to make sure he really couldn't see anything.
Luke was quiet again for a minute before knocking on the door again and asking me if he could come in.
I kind of regretted saying yes to this, but at the same time, there was really nothing he could see except for my face.
I told him to get in and he slowly opened the door, like he was actually kind of scared to come in.
He walked over to the bath and looked around searching for a place he could leave the pizza.
His cheeks were flushed and he anxiously bit his lip ring.
'Where do you want me to put it?' he asked, carefully looking up at me.
I looked around the room too but couldn't really think of a good place to leave it.
If he'd put it on the ground I would only get the pizza wet when I would grab a slice.
And I couldn't reach anything else without having to get up.
Feeling a little brave because of how shy Luke was right now, I looked at him and smiled, holding up my hands.
'I have an idea.' I said, Luke looked at me curiously and waited for me to continue.
'Why don't you go get your own pizza and then come back and you can hold my pizza and eat your own'
Luke looked from me to the pizza and then back to me.
'You...you want me to stay here?' he asked, tilting his head to the side like an innocent little puppy.
'I mean, if you want to. Otherwise I'll just get out and we can eat at the table.'
Luke nodded slowly and handed me my pizza.
'I eh...I'll be right back' he said, before leaving the bathroom and coming back only just a few seconds later, his own pizza in his hands.
He closed the door to keep the warmth inside the bathroom and sat down against the wall on the opposite side of me.
I opened the pizza box, making sure I was still completely covered by the soap, and grabbed a slice of my delicious looking pizza.
Luke took the box out of my hand and put it on the ground somewhere.
'Hey, I had a question. This might not really be the right moment, but...I don't think there ever will be a right moment to ask you this, and if you don't want to answer you don't have to, I was just wondering' Luke said, talking really fast.
'What's the question?' I asked, deciding to ignore the nervousness that was basically covering his whole body.
'Well, I was thinking...we've been on this road trip for while...don't you miss your own home sometimes?' he carefully asked, still trying not to look at me.
'Not really actually. I mean, I miss my parents of course, but the house...not so much. Do you miss your house?'
Luke smiled and looked up.
'Sometimes, by being in 5 seconds of summer, we barely get to be home anymore. We're constantly travelling and usually when we have a few days off, there's not enough time to fly home and be back for the next show.'
'That sounds tough'
'Yeah, but it's alright, the rest of the guys are like my second family now. We help each other out a lot. Anyway, you have a lot of bubbles in that bath don't you' Luke laughed, feeling a little bit more confident and looking at the bath.
I laughed and nodded.
'If there would be any less bubbles you would not be allowed in here'
I took the last bite of my slice of pizza and quickly scooped up a handful of soap, blowing it right in his face.
Luke was about to take a bite of his second slice of pizza, but stopped and looked at me.
'Oh really?' he said, his eyes lightening up with joy.
I giggled innocently and looked at him.
Luke sat up straight and looked at the bath, scooping up some soap as well, he moved a little closer.
'You know, these bubbles would look really good in your face' he said.
My eyes grew wide and I wanted to protest but before I could say something, Luke quickly pushing his hands right in my face.
'Luke!' I laughed when he pulled his hands away.
I whipped the bubbles out of my eyes and immediately smudged the soap in his hair while he was still laughing.
He didn't really seem to mind though, he just grabbed some more bubbles and put it in my hair as well, but not before I softly slapped both his cheeks with more soap.
The next 10 minutes were spent in a soapfight, both of us forgetting for a minute that I was naked, until there was barely any soap left to cover me up.