Chapter 18

When I woke up the next morning, Luke was still asleep.
His head was resting on my stomach, his arm was slung over my body and he somehow managed to get his legs tangled with mine.
I sighed as I tried to figure out how to get him off of me without waking him up.
I looked over my shoulder to look at the time to see it was almost 11 AM.
I turned my head back around and looked to the other side.
Luke’s phone was lying down on the edge of the bed.
He went to grab it when we were lying in bed, since he decided to stay awake until I was asleep.
I carefully moved a little to my right so I could grab it and looked at it.
I turned it around in my hands and inspected it.
As far as I could remember I’ve never had a phone.
I didn’t need one, because I never went outside.
I pressed the only button I could find on the front of the phone and the screen lit up.
It showed a picture of a cat wearing a sombrero and I smiled.
I moved my thumb around the screen, trying to figure out how to get away from here and see what was on his phone.
The screen moved and I had to enter a code.
I sighed again and put the phone away. Just when I was about to close my eyes again the screen lit up, telling me that “Michelangelo” was calling him.
‘Luke?’ I whispered.
He didn’t wake up, so I said his name again. A little louder this time.
‘What?’ he mumbled, still half asleep.
‘Michelangelo is calling you again’ I smiled.
‘Tell him I’m sleeping’ Luke mumbled.
I grinned. ‘You want me to answer your phone?’
Luke nodded, as far as that was possible and I sighed.
I grabbed his phone and just as I was about to answer it, the screen went black again.
I kept the phone in my hand, expecting him to call back again.
A few seconds later, the phone lit up again and I answered it.
‘Luke?’ Michael said when I didn’t say anything.
‘Nope, sorry, Luke’s still sleeping’ I softly answered.
‘Ow, well, could you maybe wake him up? I need to ask him something.’
‘I did wake him up, but he’s back asleep now.’
‘Can you please try and wake him up again?’ Michael continued.
I sighed ‘okay, I’ll try’
I looked back at Luke and tried waking him up again.
When he finally woke up, he sat up straight and looked at me with sleepy eyes.
‘What did Michael want?’ he asked.
‘I don’t know, he practically forced me to wake you up because he needs to ask you something’
I handed him his phone and Luke pressed a button again, so I could also hear Michael talk.
‘What’s up?’ Luke mumbled. He closed his eyes again as he dropped his head in his hand.
‘Well, I’m going to ask you something and I need you to answer me honestly.’ Michael said in a very serious tone.
‘okay’
‘What is better? Breakfast or dinner?’
‘Lunch’
‘That was not an option’
‘It is now’
‘Luke,’ Michael grumbled. ‘please just answer the question’
‘I did, lunch is the better than both breakfast and dinner’
‘Alright, can you give me Ivy again?’
Luke opened his eyes and frowned.
‘why?’ he asked.
‘because she might answer’
I sat down and smiled.
Luke crawled over the bed and sat down next to me.
‘Alright, you’re on speaker, you can ask her’ he said.
‘Okay, Ivy?’ Michael started. ‘Let’s say, you’re dating Luke, and you have been dating him for a while, and you decide to go out and eat somewhere. Just because you can. Would you want him to take you out for breakfast or for dinner?’
I looked at Luke and frowned, just like he did.
‘Michael? Do you have a date, or are you just being weird?’ I asked.
Luke laughed and I heard other people on the other side of the phone laughing to.
‘well, we were having a very heated discussion about what is better.’ Michael answered.
‘Okay, I have an answer to your question, but I’m not sure if it’s very useful’
‘Enlighten me’ Michael said dramatically.
‘If we’re talking about a date, I would say I like it better to go to dinner. Why? Because then I have all day to get myself ready and I won’t look as if I just got out of bed. But if we’re talking about what is better in general, I would say it is breakfast because I just like the food you can eat for breakfast better than the food you have for dinner. Plus, you don’t have to look like you’re totally ready to face the day, you can just go sit on the couch and eat breakfast while still looking like a complete mess.’