Chapter 34

10 minutes later we stopped in a parking lot and got out of the car.
I looked at the building we were standing in front of.
‘What is a Mc Donalds?’ I asked.
Luke smiled and swung his arm over my shoulder.
‘I love how clueless you are to all of this’ he said, ignoring my question.
He dropped his arm and intertwined our fingers.
We walked inside and I was greeted with the smell of French fries and something I couldn’t really describe.
‘So tell me,’ Luke said as we waited in line to make our order.
It wasn’t very busy. There was only one person in front of us.
‘Do you like bacon?’
I laughed.
‘Are you kidding me? I live for bacon’
Luke laughed and looked in front us as the line moved.
‘Good, then we’re having bacon burgers for breakfast’
He smiled excitedly and ordered us both a double bacon burger with fries.
After we got our order we sat down across from each other.
‘I can smell the bacon’ I said, inhaling the delicious smell.
I started unwrapping it and looked across the table to Luke who was already taking his first bite.
He closed his eyes in satisfaction. ‘It tastes so good’ he said.
I grinned and took a bite as well.
‘This is amazing’ I said with my mouth full.
‘I don’t understand how you survived 18 years without eating any type of hamburger,’ Luke said.
‘I eat them at least twice a week back home’
---
We continued eating until we had both finished everything.
‘Okay, let’s go. We have a lot of other stuff to do’ Luke smiled at me mysteriously.
We threw away our stuff and walked back outside.
‘We’re walking to the next thing’ Luke announced.
I nodded and we turned a corner.
‘you’re not going to tell me where we’re going, are you?’ I asked.
‘Nope,’ Luke grinned. ‘I hope I can find it because I didn’t take my phone with me’
‘Why not?’ I asked, he always had his phone with him.
‘Because today is about exploring this place and cheering you up. I don’t need my friends interrupting that.’ He explained.
‘But, isn’t it important if they keep calling you about it?’ I instantly started to worry. What if something happened?
‘Probably, but it can wait. How much difference can one day make?’
‘Okay, but just call them tomorrow to see what’s going on’ I said.
Luke nodded and smiled.
‘I will. But now I have a very serious question for you’
‘What is it?’
‘Do you like toothbrushes?’
I looked at him, trying to hide away my smile.
‘What?’ I asked.
‘Well,’ Luke said, looking right in front of us. ‘I, for one, love toothbrushes because they’re always colourful and none of them are the same.’
I grinned. ‘the one person who’s always wearing black likes the colour of his toothbrushes’ I said.
Luke laughed. ‘No but seriously, look at it’
I looked up, not realizing I had been looking at my own feet all this time.
We were walking up a little hill. There were fences standing up to make sure the goats wouldn’t escape.
But one fence, was filled with toothbrushes.
They were in all different colours and I couldn’t stop myself from laughing.
I grabbed Luke’s hand in excitement and squeezed it.
‘Why would someone make this?’ I laughed.
Luke grinned. ‘I didn’t really have a lot of time to figure that out, but it looks cool doesn’t it?’
‘It does,’ I smiled at him, temporarily forgetting about the fact that my parents died a few weeks ago.
‘How do you find these places?’
‘Long story, too long to explain right now. But trust me, it is really not that hard’
I nodded and looked around. 
Even though hanging toothbrushes on a fence sounds really weird and kind of useless, it did have some kind of beauty.
The colours of the toothbrushes were all very bright and seemed to poke right through the sad mood I’ve kind of been stuck in ever since I left my house.
The colours made me feel better somehow and I was really surprised that toothbrushes could have that kind of effect on me. 

---
A/N:
I REACHED 2K READS! SAY WHAT?!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY!