eighteen

saturday morning arrived soon, with a gentle morning and soft sunlight peeking through the curtain. taehyun woke up first, his eyes momentarily complaining about the light, but he sat up after a bit. beomgyu lied next to him, his mouth still emitting gentle snores.

taehyun blushed, looking down at the bed he had made for beomgyu on the floor, as per usual, but beomgyu sometimes climbed into his bed when it was cold. it wasn't too cold that night, but beomgyu had still climbed into his bed. taehyun sighed and stood up from his bed, careful not to awaken the boy. he picked up his phone and checked for any messages, and saw two from his mother.

mom:
> went out to the city to meet up with a friend
> won't be back until 4pm, so tidy up :)

taehyun put the phone down after seeing some notifications from his group chat with kai, dongpyo, dohyun and wonyoung (a girl that had miraculously become their friend and made dohyun feel things). he ignored them and walked out the room.

"where are you going?"

taehyun turned red and looked back at the grey-haired male behind him in his bed. beomgyu looked as handsome as ever, and the morning sunlight dancing off his skin made him look even more handsome. it made taehyun wonder why he actually fell for beomgyu in the first place.

and that kiss. it had changed their lives as friends forever. although he had deep feelings for beomgyu, he still knew of him as straight. he was accepting of other sexualities, as his best friend was gay. he never thought of the possibility that beomgyu would like him back.

but here they were, beomgyu giving him a gentle glance as the younger blushed softly, with loving looks.

"mom's not home," taehyun replied. "i was going to eat cereal and then start tidying up."

beomgyu sat up from the bed, a little pout forming on his lips. "don't i get a morning kiss?"

taehyun turned bright red and he turned away to open his bedroom door. "not now, you weirdo. i need to tidy up. and my breath is bad in the morning."

"do you really think that it would bother me?"

"it's supposed to, but now i'm questioning you."

beomgyu chuckled and got out the bed. "fine, i'm hungry anyways. let's go eat some cereal. power rangers usually plays now, right?"

taehyun rolled his eyes. "you know, i regret ever saying that you're maturing. you're still a toddler."

beomgyu walked up to him and put his arms around taehyun's waist as he placed a gentle kiss on taehyun's cheek. "i mature in other ways."

"proof not found," taehyun said, shrugging off beomgyu's grip and walking downstairs. "you're cleaning my room and i'll clean downstairs. don't touch my desk, i'll do that myself."

beomgyu frowned as he followed him downstairs. "why don't we just clean downstairs together?"

taehyun walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. "because i need to be alone to think for a bit."

beomgyu was quiet before nodding. "fair enough. it's about us, huh?"

"it's about eric," taehyun corrected. "i just need to convince myself that what you're saying is the truth. it's… gonna take a while."

beomgyu smiled and put a soft kiss on taehyun's forehead. "i'll wait as long as i have to."

taehyun smiled a bit as he went to retrieve the cereal. "you're pathetic."