thirteen

"just relax."

"no."

"relax, beom."

"what if i mess up?"

"you're messing up by not talking to her."

beomgyu gave a look of concern and whined outwardly. "tae, mate, can you, like… not force me into this? i don't want to talk to her yet! i really don't want to get rejected."

"you won't get rejected," taehyun said. "you're attractive, nice, funny, a sore loser — girls love that, trust me."

"you're not helping by calling me a loser!" beomgyu exclaimed helplessly, wailing in almost genuine fear of the worst. he obviously didn't rule out the possibility of jiyeong liking him back, but it was such a small chance in his head that he almost didn't accept the possibility.

"what did i tell you about motivating you? i'm not here to do that," taehyun replied blankly. "look — look at me. you're gonna put up your cute boy facade, be all shy and stuff, confess and then give her the weekend to answer. okay? just do that."

beomgyu raised an eyebrow. "cute boy facade? am i not cute then?"

"you're really not."

silence.

"mate, i'm cu—"

"look, there she is," taehyun said quickly, pointing to the left of them. beomgyu yelped looking to their left and indeed saw the soft-looking blonde girl at the exit of the school building. beomgyu gulped as he slowly became entranced by her beauty once again. "just go to her. ask to speak to her privately, and do the thing."

beomgyu inhaled sharply and he wanted to walk to her, but he was frozen on the spot. he so desperately wanted to walk to her and just tell her how he felt, but he just couldn't move. taehyun sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"you're honestly one of the most pathetic people i know," he sighed, looking at beomgyu in mock disappointment. "your iq is honestly in the negative numbers. you… you can't be trusted. i'm going to kick-start this. i wish you luck you can get me back in today's game of r6 siege or csgo, but i really need to do this."

taehyun walked away from beomgyu, into jiyeong's direction. beomgyu eventually put two and two together and walked after taehyun. "mate, you honestly can't be s—?!"

"jiyeong, noona, hi!" taehyun exclaimed with a big smile, catching the attention of the blonde girl quickly. she seemed confused for a moment, but smiled as well when she saw taehyun.

"tae, so good to see you," she smiled. "how is dongpyo's math doing? is he doing well in class?"

"supposedly," taehyun joked, making her laugh sweetly. "actually, i have a question for you. do you have a prom date?"

jiyeong hummed before shaking her head. "i don't, actually. why do you a—"

"mate, we need to go." beomgyu grabbed taehyun's arm and attempted pulling him away, but taehyun stood firmly.

"beomgyu, can't you see i'm talking to noona, like a brave person?" taehyun asked, glaring at beomgyu. he smiled as he turned to jiyeong. "well, i'm asking because i have an extremely desperate friend that has liked you for so fricking long, but couldn't talk to a girl, even if he had 2 iq points. he's hecking handsome, though, mind him. he wants to ask you monday  after school, if that's okay."

jiyeong laughed a bit. "well, no one has really asked me yet, so i'd like to see his attempt. i hope he's cute. tell him i'd like to see him."

taehyun smiled. "fantastic i'll tell him that. have a great day, noona."

she smiled and waved as she walked away. "you two, sweetie. bye, beomgyu!"

beomgyu was still for a moment as she walked away. "she knows my name…"

"of course she does — your name is top in computer studies all year round, you nerd."

beomgyu finally got pulled to reality and turned to taehyun with wide eyes. "why would you tell her i'm desperate?!"

"well, you are!"