eleven

the day progressed normally for others, but beomgyu carried on with a heavy heart. he had seen taehyun and eric kissing, and something about it just… angered him. he just wanted to seperate them, like he had done before with yeonjun. he didn't like the thought of taehyun dating anyone.

he thought it was just the fear of losing his best friend, which was rational, in his opinion. he valued his best friend above anyone else. if he asked jiyeong out, and taehyun really ended up with eric, they wouldn't have much time for each other. beomgyu always had taehyun by his side, for better or for worse. he feared losing the one that knew him the most.

taehyun ignored him through the rest of the day, refusing to even make eye contact with the older male. he usually stuck around his class friends and around eric. one thing beomgyu really feared was losing time with taehyun, and that was happening at a faster pace than beomgyu hoped. it hurt beomgyu emotionally and mentally — he would've had at least 400 conversations with taehyun so far over text message about how boring every single second of every period was.

but they weren't. his inbox was dry, and his chest felt heavy as he ended up secretly checking his phone every two seconds to see if taehyun had bothered replying to his text. he hadn't even looked at it, which made the burn sting further.

"beom? are you okay?"

beomgyu looked up, making quick eye contact with the male beside him before quickly looking at his phone to lock it again and then let out a small nervous laugh as he looked up. "yeah, i'm good. why?"

"well," the guy began, "you're sitting with us at lunch. you almost never sit with us, you're always with taehyun. what's up?"

beomgyu smiled softly. "i'm good, siwoo. he's actually vibing with someone right now, and they're… getting closer, if you know what i mean."

"ooh," ryujin smiled mischievously, "he's getting a boyfriend again. but you stopped that thing with yeonjun so quickly — why are you backing off now?"

beomgyu was quiet for a bit. "i'm not really backing off — still letting the guy know that i'm the best friend and i kind of get a final say. but taehyun's a big boy now. he's a better guy than yeonjun, so…"

ryujin hummed, putting a hand on beomgyu's shoulder. "didn't you say you were gonna talk to jiyeong eonnie today?"

"i strongly suggested it, but i rarely stick by my word. you know, words are really flexible, and i generally can't really be trusted with anyth—"

"you're talking to her."

"but i'm scared!" beomgyu exclaimed, earning a chuckle from siwoo. "i'm dead serious. like, what if i mess up or something, mate? what if i say something wrong? what if she laughs at me? i really don't want to embarrass myself in front of her."

siwoo smiled. "look at you and your little crush, how adorable. just talk to her, i talk to her every day. we're in the same business economics class. she asks about you sometimes. we'll just be doing a partner thing, and she'll be like 'how's your beomgyu friend? i hope he's well' and stuff like that. dude, i guarantee that she'll like you back. bet."

ryujin looked at siwoo. "2k."

"deal."

beomgyu glared at the two. "why am i friends with you people?"