ten

taehyun looked down at eric's hand that held his, gently caressing his skin with his thumb to sooth him. eric waited patiently for taehyun to start talking. taehyun sighed before he opened his mouth, but his words wouldn't come out. instead, he choked out a sob as fresh tears fell down his cheeks.

"tae," eric sighed, pulling taehyun into a tight hug again. "it's okay. you don't have to talk about it. you can talk when you're ready."

"n-no," taehyun stuttered as he sniffled, "i want t-to. you n-need to know."

eric pulled away and wiped taehyun's tears. "then tell me. if it's bad news, i promise i'll take it well."

taehyun exhaled and nodded shakily. "o-okay. w-well… remember when i said i used to have a crush on beomgyu? w-well… it's kind of returning. and i'll admit it, i'm kind of u-using you to get over him, like with what i did with yeonjun. i got into a relationship, hoping that i'd forget about beomgyu, and it worked. i'm hoping for it to work again. don't get me wrong, i like you too — i just want to like you more so that i can forget my feelings for beomgyu. it's just… this constant talk of jiyeong kinda hurts me, so i had to come see you. to forget him. to fall for you."

eric let go of taehyun and looked down. "it kinda hurts that i'm being used…"

"eric, you don't understand—"

"i do, don't worry," eric smiled, reassuring the younger immediately. "i want you to fall for me as well. and i won't let you go, like yeonjun did. i'll stick around longer so that we can stay in love, like we will be."

taehyun looked at him with big, tearful eyes and sniffled. "please, make me fall in love with you. i need you, so that i can forget him."

eric put a hand on taehyun's cheek. "then can i…?"

taehyun nodded. "please."

eric leaned forward, gently putting his lips to taehyun's. taehyun flinched in surprise, closing his eyes as eric tried to be gentle. they stood for a moment, scared to do any more. taehyun leaned forward, snapping eric out of his fearful trance. the senior pulled taehyun forward by his waist and tilted his head to make the kiss deeper.

taehyun eventually pulled away to breathe, his chest heaving as he was out of breath. eric smiled pushing taehyun's hair behind his ear. "are you okay?"

taehyun nodded hazily, grabbing onto the sleeve of eric's senior jacket. "thank you. can… can you spend the day with me? just today?"

"no problem," eric nodded. "just… you have to talk to beomgyu at some point. you two are best friends, and he'll probably get sad or confused without an explanation."

"i'll talk to him later," taehyun replied. "so… are you gonna ask me out properly?"

"ask you o…? oh!" eric turned bright pink as he blushed at taehyun's words, which made the younger giggle. "uhm, kang taehyun — will you be my b-boyfriend?"

taehyun smiled softly with a giggle and nodded. "i'd love to."