fourteen

"w-what?"

taehyun thinned his lips with a heavy sigh. "yes, eric. i want you to neet my mother."

"as you b-boyfriend?" eric stuttered, his cheeks pink as he asked this. taehyun nodded and he shook his head, biting his thumb nervously. "no, i can't. not yet."

"it's been a week. come on, my mum would love you. dad isn't around, so… you only have to worry about mum. she's great, and she knows i'm gay, so she'd like you. plus, i told her i'm dating someone, and she wants to meet you."

eric sighed. "but i'm scared…"

"i'll make out with you if you come."

"deal."

the evening arrived soon, and taehyun was noticeably very excited. his mother noticed his mood and smiled as she stopped stirring the pot. "well, you look happy. your boyfriend must really be a great guy."

"mum, he's amazing," taehyun sighed happily. "he's sweet, has such a handsome face, he's funny, and he's american."

mrs kang raised an eyebrow. "sounds like kai, if you ask me."

"kai's not funny or handsome," taehyun said bluntly. mrs kang chuckled as she put the lid on the food.

"set the table, i'll bring the food in just now," she said, wiping her hands on her apron. the doorbell rang and she jumped up. "oh! that might be your boyfriend. go answer that, and i'll get the plates out for you."

taehyun nodded and walked to answer the door. he exhaled nervously before pulling the door open, but was met with a surprise. in front of him stood beomgyu, standing with a happy smile on his face.

"why are you here?"

beomgyu frowned. "i sleep here every friday, what do you mean 'why am i here'?"

taehyun sighed, putting a hand to his forehead. "right. i forgot to cancel that, dammit. uh… eric is coming over for dinner to meet mum, but… i guess it's okay that you're here."

"oh, eric is coming over?" beomgyu frowned as he walked in. taehyun nodded as a fresh blush creeped onto his cheeks. beomgyu frowned again, a bit more deeper than before. "why are you getting so flustered? he's literally your boyfriend, mate."

"i'm allowed to, he's really handsome," taehyun hissed. "don't mess this up. no developing beef with my boyfriend — he's actually better than yeonjun, and i actually want to make his work."

"i actually have to tell you something," beomgyu said, grabbing taehyun's wrist. "eric is not who he says he is. he's actually—"

"oh, beommie! you're here! come help taehyun set the table up," mrs kang called out as she walked past them. beomgyu closed his mouth and just walked in silently.

"i'll tell you later," beomgyu said as he walked to the kitchen. "evening, mrs kang! lovely evening, isn't it?"

"oh, definitely! tae's lovely boyfriend is coming over for dinner! you know him, right?"

"all too well, ma'am."

taehyun thought well about beomgyu's words. he had beyond genuinely fallen for eric, as he was forgetting about his crush on beomgyu as well. he didn't care what beomgyu had to say about eric — he didn't care how imperfect he really was. all taehyun wanted was to forget he ever liked choi beomgyu.