two

taehyun stepped out of his ap chemistry class, sighing heavily because it was the last period for the day next — ap world history. it wasn't the best subject on the planet, but he dealt with it well. he adjusted his strap before being joined by his best classmates dongpyo and kai.

"did beomgyu ask jiyeong noona out yet?" dongpyo asked, struggling to keep up with the really tall juniors beside him. "ah, you guys have long legs, slow down."

kai and taehyun laughed slightly as they slowed down for dongpyo. "sorry," kai apologized.

"he didn't, like the fool he is," taehyun sighed. "i have to sit with this every day, you know? because he's just scared to talk to her. i pity him, the poor fool. he's so in love."

"who wouldn't like jiyeong noona, though? she's very nice," dongpyo said. "and she's very smart. she's my maths tutor, you know? and she can sing too! she's amazing, really."

"yeah," taehyun sighed. "she's a ball of perfection. no one can compete against her. i just hope she chooses beom over the countless guys that will ask her to prom."

"he won't make it," kai scoffed. "beomgyu's awkward around girls, like me. i've seen him lose his shit because a girl asked him if he has change for a ₩2000 bill. the poor guy wouldn't last 2 seconds in a conversation with jiyeong noona."

"hey, let's be positive about this," taehyun smiled. "he'll do it. i know he can. beomgyu needs to get out of my hair about this anyways."

dongpyo raised an eyebrow. "taehyun? positive…?"

kai was quiet for a moment and looked at dongpyo. "run."

dongpyo ran away along with kai, which made taehyun laugh slightly. he knew he was rarely positive about anything, but it wasn't that bad. he shrugged it off, thinking that they probably had a class together downstairs. he arrived at his class, but as soon as he entered the class, everyone looked at him in shock.

taehyun frowned as everyone looked at him with surprised expressions, staring at him as if he had two heads. he neared his desk and saw that he actually had a note on it. "what…?"

"a senior dropped it off," one of the girls said quickly. "he had a hoodie on, so no one saw him. is it a loveletter?"

"did i open it yet?" taehyun asked rhetorically, side glaring at her. she pressed her lips together, but seemed used to his antics. taehyun reached for the letter and looked at the name up front. it simply wrote 'taehyun' in neat handwriting. "i wonder who wrote it…?"

taehyun shooed the girls away as he settled in his desk. the teacher walked in, but he began opening it under the desk as they greeted the teacher. he sat down, managing to open the envelope completely. the teacher began talking, but he was reading the letter.

'dear taehyun

you may not even know me, but i think i really like you. this felt so weird to write, but i want us to get closer. i feel creepy writing this, gosh. but anyways, meet me after school, on the left side of the school building. i'll be wearing a black hoodie and i have light brown hair. please don't be creeped out, i just want to talk :D

— your secret admirer'

"taehyun, pay attention, please."

taehyun almost dropped the letter. "y-yes sir."