fifteen

eric arrived soon with a big nervous smile on his lips, earning a laugh from his younger boyfriend. taehyun invited him in and got greeted by mrs kang, who was teasing eric for being more handsome than she thought. beomgyu stood silently to the side as he allowed them to interact. he glanced at eric suspiciously every few seconds, which taehyun caught on almost immediately.

"so — you're a senior like beomgyu?" mrs kang asked as they seated themselves at the table.

"yes, i am," eric smiled with a nod.

"well, i know you're dating my sweetie and all, but do you have a prom partner? i hear beom has been hunting for one as well," mrs kang winked as they began dishing food for themselves.

"actually, i don't," eric replied. "i was too focused on, uh, telling taehyun that i liked him to get a partner. and i was hoping i could take him."

"oh, you've asked him?" she gasped. "tae, why don't you go with eric to the prom?"

"it's not my year," taehyun replied. "i'd rather not make the night boring. maybe later that night, if he's up for it, he can come over."

eric smirked a bit. "you bet i'm coming over here at the end of the night."

mrs kang gasped and hit his arm with a little laugh. "you may be graduating, but my taehyun is still young! no naughty jokes."

eric laughed a bit. "sorry, miss."

"beomgyu, you're awfully quiet," mrs kang pointed out as she lifted some food to her mouth. "quite unusual. is it because eric is here?"

"kind of," beomgyu smiled softly. "i mean, taehyun has a boyfriend now, so i'm gonna have to kind of step back now. gotta give some space and time for the boyfriend as well."

"yes, that's true," mrs kang hummed. "but you won't forget beomgyu, right, tae? still best friends through and through."

taehyun smiled. "always."

"just friends, i hope," eric muttered, putting food into his mouth.

"so… taehyun says you've been dating for a week. how has it been?" mrs kang smiled, tiltimg her head as she waited for eric to answer.

"it's great dating him," eric smiled, looking at taehyun for a faint moment. "taehyun is much sweeter than he shows, and he looks for me during lunch just to say hi, give me a kiss on my cheek and then he gets shy and runs off. it's too adorable, really."

"aw, my little taehyun is being romantic!" mrs kang squealed, earning a groan from her embarrassed son. "oh, relax, sweetie, we were all grossly in love at some point, i get why."

eric smiled softly. "taehyun's the best i could have ever asked for."

taehyun looked down at his lap, his cheeks bright red as he kept his head down. "shut up, you're embarrassing…"

eric laughed a bit, putting his head to taehyun's shoulder. "regardless, you love me."

beomgyu glared harshly at the action eric did and sighed before swallowing his last bit of food, watching as eric coaxed taehyun into looking up again. mrs kang watched them with a fond smile, which further annoyed beomgyu.

"right, eric — tell me about yourself."