12.A Danger To Us All

Start from the beginning

She pulled her hand out of mine. I couldn't even look at her knowing that I would cry if I did.

"What? Why? Your my sister. We're supposed to be in thi..."

"EXACTLY! You are MY sister. If people found out they would... I don't know what they would do. I just don't want what I'm going through to happen to you." I said concerned for her safety.

She ran over to me and gave me a hug. I gave her a kiss on her forehead and took her face in my hands. "Now go. Before someone comes in." She walked away and placed her hand on the door knob but didn't turn it.

"Verlaya, your hands down the best sister ever." She slowly opened the door, looked both ways then left.

I dropped my head on my pillow in frustration. I took in the peace and silence of the room. The silence was soon replaced by a ring coming from the phone on my bedside table. I pressed the receive button and a hologram of a lady appeared.

"Ms. Adams, Headmistress Charming would like to see you her in office."

"Now?"

"Yes, now." The hologram vanished as quickly as it appeared. I fixed up myself a little and made my way downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had reached the Headmistress' office and saw that her door was slightly open. Looking through the crack in the door, I saw what seemed to be all my teachers standing in front of a desk, arguing with the Headmistress.

"Excuse me for saying this but why would you do something so reckless." asked Ms.Marlow.

"You've heard the rumors about human hybrids and you let one into this school." Mr.Varghese added.

"But are they true? Do you even know if these rumors are true?" The Headmistress said defensively.

"Of course!" The teachers yelled in unison.

"Headmaster please persuade your wife to expell the girl." said Mr. Talon.

The Headmaster looked at his wife as she looked back at him. He sighed "Her mind has been made up and once it's been made up there's no turning back."

"Headmistress have you ever heard the story of Clark Clas?"asked Ms.Fiercé.

The Headmistress nodded her head. "Well I'm going to tell it any way to jog your memory. Long ago, after the death of the last dragon, there was a man named Clark Clas of Wavesliri. He was given a slave for his 18th birthday to lose his innocence to. As time went on, he fell in love with the slave and soon after married her. While giving birth to their first child, she died but the child lived. One day Clark was found dead in his house the day after his child's 5th birthday, with the child missing."

"That child killed it's father when it was five. Who knows what that girl would do to us at fifteen." Mrs. Sage added.

"You and I both know it's not possible for hybrids to have children with humans. The human and creature DNA can't be merged. It's been scientifically proven. Verlaya is just an exception. On top of that, the story is a myth." Said the Headmistress.

"No it's not. It happened once and now it's happened again. She'll bring Dimensia to its knees." Ms.Marlow claimed.

"Marlow it's ok. The Council said if the girl gets out of control, they'll kill her." Mr.Varghese reassured.

"So that's the reason why everyone's either afraid of me or just doesn't like me." I said leaning against the door frame of the office. Their faces were shocked to see me.

"Verlaya!? What are you doing here?"said the Headmistress said in confusion.

"One of your office ladies told me you wanted to see me, so here I am."I replied.

"Everyone we will finish this later." The Headmistress whispered.

"NO. We're finishing this now."Ms. Fiercé interjected. "She's a danger to us all and you know it."

The Headmistress was silent. Her eyes wandered from the infuriated teachers to me. "If she was a danger to us, The Council would've killed her on the spot. If you would like to quit your jobs because of a child, that's none of my concern. But if you decide to stay, I dont want to hear anymore of your problems with her. She's a creature just like you and me and the fact that she just happens to have human dna means nothing.  Understood?" She said aggressively.

The teachers left her office without answering her question.

"You're sending us all to our deaths." Said Ms.Henry.

The Headmistress motioned for me to sit down in a chair in front of her desk. "I'm sorry you had to hear that. Maria was supposed to tell you to come down in 2 hours."

"It's ok. At least now I know why everyone hates me." I reassured.

"Not everyone hates you." She rose from her desk and stood in front of me. "You're more than your dna."she lifted my chin so I was looking into her eyes. "And you're no different than any creature in Dimensiona."She smiled.

A smile grew on my face as she told me this. Her words gave me a warm feeling in my heart and made me feel wanted for once in my life.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

A/N : Thanks for reading my first book. I hope you're enjoying the book. If you have any questions just ask. Happy reading :).