That's fine. It'll be quicker this way.

"I do. It's part of the terms on my acceptance at the school," I answered truthfully. He looked at me like he was analyzing me, to see if I was telling the truth.

I hated this. I, the unwanted child, in my biologically parent's home, basically begging for a job. My pride definitely was taking a hit and I hated it. The heat in my body started to rise, sparks started to flicker in my fingertips.

"Well, we do need someone that can help take care of the house while we are away on business trips," Mrs. Perry stepped in. "With Pogue deciding to have his own apartment and spending time with his girlfriend, he isn't around much anymore."

"We are doing this for Pogue, that's no question. But, I have to wonder, does us helping you really prove to the state you are competent enough to live on your own? If we are being truthfully honest, we aren't in need of anyone and we are really only doing this because Pogue asked us to," Mr. Perry remarked.

Looking him dead in the eyes, I scoffed at him. He raised his eyebrow asking if he was wrong. "Like you said. Pogue asked for this. I did not. I'm only here because he asked me to give it a chance," I replied, trying so hard not to slap him with my words.

Control your temper.

Then tell him not to be such an asshole.
"You're not here because you need something from us?" he challenged me.

"You forget something, Mr. Perry. I've made it through life this far without you. Don't flatter yourself thinking I've started needing you now," I spat.

"Then why are you here?" he asked, his voice booming through the whole house.

"I came to Ipswich because I got into a really good school, by working my ass off in school, wanting to get out of the stupid foster care system," I truthfully told, trying my damnedest not to raise my voice.

"Wayne, don't-," Mrs. Perry tried to interject but it was no use.

"That is the only reason?" Mr. Perry question, slightly coming off his seat.

"Trust me, if I knew any of this was going to happen, meeting you, my stupid powers going out of control, the ghosts inside my head, I would have never stepped foot in Ipswich." I looked him dead in the eyes. I was pissed. Though my composure was somewhat decent, my emotions being linked to my powers, were not so subtle.

"Sweetie! You'll burn yourself!" Mrs. Perry warned. It was too late. The boiling tea had erupted all over my hands that were clutching the glass teacup, burning my skin. In shock and pain, the glass shattered between my hands, sending shards everywhere, piercing through my burnt palms.

"Shi-," I went to scream, but folded my mouth shut instead, letting most of my need to scream stay inwards. Mrs. Perry rushed to my side, attempting to help me but stopped herself from grabbing a lot of my hands.

I looked down at my scolded hands, feeling the searing sharp bits of glass burn my flesh to what felt like my bone. I looked up at both Pogue's parents. Mrs. Perry was almost in tears, but Mr. Perry had a different look on his face. He looked almost terrified.

"You have no control over your powers," he shuddered.

Oh I could just...

Don't.

But I did. Tapping into my powers I blasted the glass out of me, sending them in his direction.

Do it!

No!

Yes, he deserves it!

No! This is not you!

Yes, it is!

No!

Do it!

And I didn't. Stopping them right in front of his smug face. Now, he was really terrified. Bringing it all back, I melted the pieces together, forming a blob and letting it drop on the table.

"Is that control enough for you?" I growled.

I don't think I have ever been this angry in my life. I didn't think it would be possible. Mr. Perry and I stared each other down and neither one of us was going to back down.

"What the hell happened here?!" I knew that voice. It was Pogue. I wasn't going to look at him. I wasn't going to lose. "Oh my god, your hands!" he shouted. He rushed up to me, covering up my hands with something.

"Both you! Stop it right now!" Mrs. Perry shouted. It was scary enough for both of us to snap out of it, getting our attention. There were tears in her eyes. Looking down at my hands, the cloth was drenched in my blood, along with the floor and the table.

"How did this happen? Dad, did you do this?" Pogue barked, wanting to know what had happened. It wasn't until now that I noticed that the others were also here, keeping their distance in this messed up, not so much of a family, feud.

"She did this to herself," he snapped back at his son.

Okay. I'm done.

"I should leave. This was obviously a mistake," I sighed in exhaustion. My head started to pound.

"Something we can agree on."

"Dad!" Pogue roared. I pulled my hands out of Pogue's grip, leaving the useless cloth in his hands. It was true. That was the first thing we have agreed upon and probably the last. Looking down at the destruction on my body.

I might as well.

Might as well.

I focused hard, really hard, hoping that the wounds would heal. I was straining, I had never healed something this big before on myself. Slowly, the skin started to revert back, making it appear as if nothing had happened. With my work being done, feeling my upper lip get a little wet and my head feeling like it was about to explode, I started to make my way out of the house, about to pass the boys until Reid stopped me. He looked at me concerned but also disappointed. It wasn't until he used his thumb to wipe the top of my lip that I knew what he was looking at. It was more black blood.

"What's the point," I huffed in defeat. My own magic was against me. I rushed to my bike, hopping on it as fast as I could and driving away.

Why I started to cry, I didn't know.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Notes:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think, who your favorite character is, anything you would like to say! Again, thank you for your support. See you at the next chapter!

- Impact