Chapter 35

My beautiful, little, hedgehog-look-a-like nerd.

//John POV//

Sherlock's eyes gazed into my own - God, his eyes are beautiful. They're a kind of blue-green - like the sea after a storm. Beautiful.

"I love your eyes, Sherlock." I thought aloud,subconsciously.

"As do I, love." He whispered sleepily, his eyes slowly dropping down, closed. I felt my own eyes get heavier, but stayed awake; I'm planning something special.

A murder case.

*Later on that day*

"Lestrade?" I heard from behind me. The voice on the other end of the line was loud enough for me to hear it speaking.

"Sherlock. We... Need your help with the murders over in Ireland." He didn't know we're in Ireland already? "Will you take the case?"

"Um, yeah," Sherlock exhaled as he watched me nod in permission. "Sure."

"Great. I'll be at BakerStreet in ten."

""We're not in Baker Street..."

"We?" I could practically hear him smirking from through the phone.

"Yes," Sherlock turned his head to look at me. "John and I." A small smile crept across his face and I couldn't help but smile back.

I heard a muffled sound come from the end of the line and Lestrade mentioned something about 'couples' and 'true love.' Sherlock groanedand said "Yes, Lestrade. Now, the-"

"Wait, yes? You're actually a couple?" His shock was obvious in his voice.

"Put him on speaker phone." I tapped Sherock on the soulder and he did so. "Hi, Greg."

"John!" His voice was shaking, but you could tell he was happy for us. "Are you two really a couple?" I looked at Sherlock and held up my left hand, showing him my ring, asking if I shoudl tell him about the engagement. He smiled, nodding.

"Yeah. Actually... We're engaged." The gasps come not asecond after the announcement, with a few 'awww's and 'ahhh's afterwards. He'd told everyone in Scotland Yard. Oh, damn. Donovan and Anderson will know... Oh well, they'll just be jealous, I told Sherlock, earning a few laughs from Scotland Yard and Sherlock. No doubt that Sally and Phillip were scowling in the corner.

Or snogging somewhere.

Probably in Anderson's office. Or a store cupboard. Or anywhere, really.

It's disgusting.