Chapter 16

"Because he doesn't need to, Sherlock."

//John POV//

"John! What are you-"

"Save it, Sherlock. What's going on? Moriarty?" I turned my head to look towards Moriarty waiting for an answer.

"Should I tell him, Sherly?"

"Wait, Sherly? Why is it Sherly all of a sudden? Sherlock?" I looked at Sherlock, curious of what had just happened and why they were standing so close just before? "What's happening?"

"Nothing, John, don't worry about it." Sherlock said, exchanging an evil glance at Moriarty, as if to say 'Don't tell him about it.'

"Well, John. When Sherlock and I were in university together, we-"

"You went to university together? Sherlock, you said you didn't know him. Why did you lie to me?" 

"There's more, John." Sherlock hung his head and signalled for Moriarty to continue. Unfortunately, he did.

"Wel, yes, we did. While we were there we... Sure you don't want to tell him, Sherlock?" Moriarty glanced back at Sherlock and Sherlock nodded. Then stopped.

"No, I'll tell him." Sherlock turned to look at me and smiled appologetically. "While we were in university, Mori-Jim and I... Dated for four years." He hung his head and I looked between Sherlock and 'Jim.'

"You dated each other?" I shook with disbelief.

"Yes, John." Sherlock said.

Moriarty kept speaking.

"For four years."