Is it even worth it?

Kiibo woke up with a start. He forgot where he was for a moment before he spotted Ouma sleeping soundly. The memories of last night shuffling through his head. Kiibo sighed and got up, folding the blanket he took. The smell of pancakes filled the room, Ouma's dad must've made pancakes. Kiibo made his way towards Ouma and nudged him gently. He slowly woke up, confused for a second then realizing why exactly Kiibo was there. Ouma's expression quickly darkened, his bubbly personality that Kiibo enjoyed so much gone. He only hopes it won't be forever.

"Morning Kiibo," Ouma said weakly smiling up at Kiibo. Tears threatening to spill from his eyes. 

"Morning... smells like your dads- er... Hajime and Komaeda make pancakes," Kiibo replied, hoping desperately to bring some sort of joy to Ouma. He merely nodded and stood up, to Kiibo's dismay. The two headed toward the kitchen, and were greeted by the liars.

"Morning you two, want some pancakes?" Hajime asked, mouth filled with pancakes. Kiibo looked over at Ouma worriedly. He looked as if he was ready to burst, he sighed then shook his head no. Komaeda and Hajime shared looked at eachother confused for a moment, then Ouma spoke.

"Is it alright if I stay at Kiiboy's for a few days?" Ouma said in his normal peppy tone, but Kiibo could see through his facade. He could hear the anger behind Ouma's voice. Kiibo looked at the ground and twiddled his fingers. 

"Sure, keep him safe Kiibo." Hajime smiled and continued eatting. Ouma grabbed his hand and dragged him out of there.

"To my house it is..." Kiibo awkwardly said, trying to lighten the mood. It was a long walk to Kiibo's house and once they finally got there they were tired. Ouma took one of Kiibo's blankets and sat on the couch, wrapping the blanket it a way to cover everything but his face. Kiibo sat next to him, trying to make an attempt at conversation.

"Ouma... what are we going to do now? Should we tell the others?" Kiibo suggested.

"Sure... but I'm not sure how they'll react. And we can't all  hide away at your place Kiibo" Ouma grunted back. "I'm not sure... what to do.. next" Ouma choked up.

Kiibo hugged Ouma, "It'll be ok, let's wait to tell them. Let's just focus on solving this mystery." Ouma's face was slightly red from the robot hugging him, though he didn't push him away. 

Ouma nodded, "Yeah! Let's solve what really happened last year." Ouma bounced up and started to shuffle through the files, this was gonna be a long day of searching.