Chapter 26: The Football Pitch

I missed the long looks she gave me and felt slightly ignored. I knew she wasn't but the feeling of neglect was what was running through me. I was enjoying the attention. For the rest of the my lesson was spent looking at her waiting for her to look at me. She packed quickly as the bell rang and before leaving put a note in front of me. I couldn't even ask a question because she ran. The note said I ceep all your disposable eveverything's nice and safe but I am not a safe. When your done with me I'll be passed on and it will be like you were never there.

I smiled at its simplicity and knew straight away I needed to go to my locker. I was also worried that Cayden's grammar was falling behind with an easy mistake of keep. Gathering my items I left, thanking the teacher for the lesson. When I arrived at my locker, just as I thought, there was another note. However, what it said wasn't exactly what I expected.

If you had read my other note correctly, you would've of known there was a secret message within it, not just that it was a locker but it's my locker. If you wasn't so cocky you would of seen my name embedded in the note. Although I could get my name to work properly.

Dumbfounded I took out the other note and analysed it closely, that is when I saw I Ceep All Your Disposable Everything's Nice and safe...

I didn't think I would ever be able to say Cayden outsmarted me and in a simple haiku. I trailed along a few lockers and tried to open Cayden's. It was locked but there was a piece of paper slotted in the crack.

I can get very hot, stuffy and wet. I'm used for victory celebrations or failures. If you feel like dressing up for a sports occasion I'm there for you.

The changing room.

I was thinking of why she was doing all of this but with her there's no telling. I began rushing because I didn't know how long this would all take and it was getting late. Unsure of which changing room I was meant to go in I just went into the men's. I wasn't surprised that no one was inside as school had finished a while ago and I don't think there was any sports clubs. After searching for a while I found a sticky note with an arrow facing the showers. In there was another note.

The football pitch

Well at least that was easy. As I strided to the back of the school I checked the time. It was already coming up to 4:30. The cold seeped into my clothes as soon as I stepped outside. The sun was already setting, because of the winter weather, giving an ominous feeling. I saw 5 figures standing in the middle of the pitch with lights around them in a circle and knew it was the guys. The closer I got the more clearly I could see that they had cards in their hands. Confused, I curiously approached quickly. Only when I was about 2 meteres away, I could see the mischievous grins on everyone's face and that the circle of lights was made from pretty fairy lights.

"I have a question for you." Cayden smiled but in the confidence I saw a glimmer of nervousness.

Riley turned his card around and on it was plastered Will.

Taylor turned hers. You.

Then Jacob. Be.

Then Cole. My.

And finally Cayden. Boyfriend?

My mouth smacked open. My heart was racing with anticipation and now it had just stopped suddenly. I searched her eyes for any falter but they just watched me with awaiting eyes.